A delicious way to serve green beans – smothered in a cheese and garlic, and baked until crisp-tender and melty! This cheesy green bean dish is low carb and the perfect side to your protein of choice.
*Today I’m partnering with Sharp Home USA ~ Sharp creates quality home appliances that make life easier!
The BEST Roasted Green Beans with Garlic
In the summertime, I am all about healthy vegetable side dishes. This is a great one for any night — a typical weeknight, or a special occasion. You can rest assured there will be no veggies left on the table after dinner.
Roasting veggies is one of the best ways to get more greens into your family! It’s an easy process, and it adds a charred or sweetened flavor that’s irresistible.
If family members are still resistant, cover them in cheese!
Why You’ll LOVE this Easy Baked Garlic Green Bean Recipe:
- Garlic. Cheese. More Cheese. Come on now!
- This dish is put together in about 5 minutes, then bakes for 12 minutes. Faster if you buy your garlic peeled (best trick to eating more garlic!).
- The quick roasting time means the greens beans come out crisp and fresh tasting, while the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- It’s the perfect side dish for grilled pork chops, baked salmon, and would be super dreamy paired with this Baked Cod in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
- It’s an irresistible side dish that’s perfect for gluten free, vegetarian, low carb, and keto diets.
I bake this green beans with garlic dish in my Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-in Wall Oven. While regular steam only reaches 212°F, the Sharp SuperSteam+ Oven can create superheated steam up to 485°F. I adore this oven for it’s many uses, and for how moist and fresh food tastes coming out of it!
How to Make Cheesy Garlic Green Beans
Step 1: Add the green beans to a baking dish. They don’t need to be in a single layer, but make sure to use a dish large enough that they will cook evenly.
Step 2: In a small bowl, combine olive oil, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
Step 3: Add the parmesan and oil mixture to the dish with the green beans, and mix to coat the green beans. I usually just use my hands for this so I can really mix up the beans and get them evenly coated!
Step 4: Bake the green beans for 8 minutes. This allows the garlic to toast and the vegetables to begin to soften.
Step 5: Add a layer of mozzarella cheese to the top of the green beans.
Step 6: Return the baking dish to the oven for another 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and begins to brown.
Tips for the Perfect Baked Green Beans
- The cooking times I recommend will result in a crisp, slightly undercooked (and fresh tasting!) green bean dish. If you like your veggies on the softer side, add 3-5 minutes to the first bake time.
- Switch it up! Other healthy veggies work well in this flavor-packed dish. Try asparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower, prepared in the same way!
- Make it your own by adding your favorite cheese in place of the mozzarella! Sharp white cheddar, gruyere swiss cheese, or even a havarti cheese would all melt well and be great with the garlic and green bean combo!
Other Green Bean Recipes
Cheesy Garlic Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Set the Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-in Wall Oven to SuperSteam/Grill. If using a standard oven, preheat the oven to Broil.
- Add the green beans to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine, and then add to the green beans, mixing them up to evenly coat the vegetables.
- Bake the green beans for 8 minutes.
- Add the mozzarella cheese to the top of the baked green beans, and return to the oven on SuperSteam Grill for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese has started to bubble and brown.