Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
A Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickapeas -- soon to be your new favorite lunch! This healthy and hearty vegan quinoa chickpea salad is loaded with veggies, plant proteins, and pulled together with a bright and zippy lemon vinaigrette.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup quinoa cooked to package directions
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 beets peeled and cubed (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups cucumber chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt less if chickpeas are salted
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or date syrup for vegan option
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Add the chickpeas to a bowl, and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Mix all spices together in a small dish, then evenly coat chickpeas with the spices.
On a large baking tray, lay out cubed butternut and beets, and spray with olive oil. Leave 1/3 of the baking tray to also lay out chickpeas.
Bake butternut, beets, and chickpeas for 25-30 minutes.
Layer quinoa, roasted veggies and chickpeas, and fresh tomatoes and cucumbers with chopped herbs.
Toss salad with lemon vinaigrette.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 671mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 144.2% | Vitamin C: 39.3% | Calcium: 6.9% | Iron: 16.9%