Cold Thai Noodle Salad
This cooling vegetarian noodle dish is packed with crisp vegetables, sweet mango, and tossed with a creamy lemongrass coconut dressing. The perfect Thai inspired summer meal!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1/2 pound rice noodles (like pad Thai noodles)
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 English cucumber cut in matchsticks
- 3 carrots large, shredded
- 1 cup sugar snap peas sliced
- 1 mango sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews toasted, to garnish
- Thai basil, cilantro, and mint chopped, to garnish
- red chilis optional, to garnish
Thai Lemongrass-Coconut Dressing
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2-3 tablespoons date syrup (or sub honey)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai shallots finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- chili sauce or chopped red chilis optional, to taste
Add all ingredients for the dressing in a blender, and blend for 1 minute, until all ingredients are mixed together well. Set dressing aside.
Boil rice noodles until tender. Most rice noodle packages say to simply soak in hot water, but I have found boiling them over medium high heat works better to get soft rice noodles. When done, rinse with very cold water.
In a bowl, mix together rice noodles, chopped veggies and mango, and fresh herbs, and mix in the salad dressing.
Garnish with more fresh herbs, chilis, and toasted cashews.
Serve cold. This salad refrigerates great and the flavors intensify the next day.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 761mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 8930IU | Vitamin C: 61.3mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 4.2mg