Peppermint Detox Smoothie
This veggie based smoothie is the perfect light breakfast or snack when your body is in need of hydration and tons of veggies - perfect for the holiday season after you've overindulged and want to feel like you're back on track! Kids love this smoothie too - my toddler drinks one every day. I sometimes add a bit of coconut milk or coconut oil to his to add more calories since he is a tiny guy and not a great eater.
Servings: 2 small or 1 large
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt full fat
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- 1 banana frozen
- 1/3 cup cauliflower chopped and frozen
- 1/3 cup zucchini chopped and frozen
- 1 cup spinach fresh (or sub 2-3 frozen spinach cubes)
- 10 grams whey protein powder unflavored
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (start with less and add to taste)
- 2-3 ice cubes
Start by adding the yogurt and water to the bottom of the blender, and then add the rest of the ingredients on top.If using whey protein, you will see the smoothie starting to "fluff up" after it's fully blended. It makes the smoothie extra creamy and ice-cream like in texture.
Blend until very smooth.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1670IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg