A flavorful brown rice noodle dish made with lots of julienned veggies (fiber!), and a spicy (or not- your choice!) and creamy nut-free sauce. Easy to make, and customizable! Leave these bowls vegan, or toss in some shredded chicken.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles *also called Pad Thai noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil toasted
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded finely
- 2 carrots julienne cut
- 1 zucchini large (or 2 small), julienne cut
- sesame seeds to garnish
- sunflower seeds toasted, to garnish
- cilantro to garnish, optional
- green onions to garnish, optional
- avocado to garnish, optional
Creamy Thai Sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or sub 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce*
- 3 tablespoons SunButter organic
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk canned, full fat
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon date syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- sea salt to taste, optional
In a blender, add all ingredients for the creamy sauce. Add sriracha and salt to taste. If using soy sauce or tamari as a sub for the coconut aminos, use an addition 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin to sauce, as desired.
Soak brown rice noodles in hot water for about 12 minutes, until softened. Sometimes I drain them and add more boiling water to get them soft enough.
In a large skillet, add sesame oil. Over high heat, gently stir fry zucchini, carrots and shredded cabbage. Warm the veggies through but leave them crisp.
Drain the rice noodles, and add them to the large skillet along with the veggies.
Drizzle the rice noodles and veggies with the creamy sauce, and then toss to evenly coat.
Serve warm or cold, garnished with herbs, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds (a great nut-free alternative to using peanuts!).
Add avocado and chicken, if desired, or enjoy a simple vegan noodle dish.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5690IU | Vitamin C: 38.1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1.6mg