Chicken Taco Chili
A warming chili recipe, garnished with the best toppings, for a taco-in-a-bowl experience! These easy recipe uses fresh veggies, chicken, and beans, and slow cooks to perfection. Garnish with chips, cheese, salsa, or whatever your favorite nacho toppings are!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or sub turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder *start with less - chili powders vary in intensity
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 3 bell peppers diced
- 1 ear corn removed from cob
- 1 14-ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- cilantro to garnish, optional
- cheddar cheese to garnish, optional
- tortilla chips to garnish, optional
Add olive oil to a frying pan, and brown chicken over medium high heat. Season with ½ teaspoon sea salt. If cooking in crock pot right away, it's not necessary to cook the chicken all the way.
In a crockpot, add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and all the spices, vegetable bouillon, and brown sugar. Add the browned chicken, and mix ingredients together.
Add chopped bell peppers, corn, and beans, then slow cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
Garnish with cilantro, chips, cheese, or hot sauce.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2312IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg