Mediterranean Quinoa Zucchini Salad
This summery salad will whisk you away, even when what you have to do is stay home. Full of flavorful summer veggies and herbs, quinoa, and a breezy lemon dressing.
Servings: 6 people
- 3/4 cup quinoa cooked to package directions, and cooled
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts to garnish
- 1/4 cup lemon juice + 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice zucchini into long ribbons. Peel the firm outer flesh of the zucchini into ribbons, but save the inner softer part for green juice or smoothies.
In a bowl, later zucchini ribbons and cooled quinoa.
Add the tomatoes, olives, red bell pepper, basil and minced garlic.
In a small container, mix together dressing ingredients. I find this salad needs very little (if any) sea salt, so start sparingly until after you've tried it.
Gently toss salad, and top with pine nuts.
Store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 689IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg