Orange Dreamcicle Green Smoothie
A creamy, dreamy green smoothie, with the flavors of those amazing orange creamcicle pops we all loved as kids. Breakfast is better with greens! My favorite way to make these is with really sweet mandarins. I make them with navel oranges, but find adding ¼ frozen banana helps to sweeten it up when I use those.
Servings: 1 person
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk (canned)
- 1/4 cup green yogurt
- 1/4 cup green tea or almond milk (OJ would be great, too!)
- 2 large mandarin oranges peeled, sectioned, and frozen (or 1 1/4 cups peeled & frozen navel oranges)
- 1 cup frozen spinach cubes (about 5 ice cube sized chunks of frozen spinach)
- 4 ice cubes
- 5-10 grams plain whey protein powder (or vanilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (don't leave out!)
Add the coconut milk, water, and yogurt first, then add the rest of the smoothie ingredients.
Blend very well, until all the greens are fully incorporated.
Garnish with coconut whipped cream and orange slices.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 1075mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 18984IU | Vitamin C: 174mg | Calcium: 377mg | Iron: 3mg