Blackened Salmon and Mango Salad
A flavorful summer salad, with blackened salmon, sweet mango, and crisp veggies. Perfect served with Summer Raspberry Vinaigrette. The blackening seasoning makes about ⅓ cup, so there will be plenty left over to use on chicken, or the next time you crave this salad!
Servings: 2 people
Blackening Seasoning (makes 1/3 cup. Recipe calls for 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne (1/4 teaspoon lends mild heat)
- 2-3 ounce salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups baby greens
- 1/2 cup mango (cubed)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Summer Raspberry Vinaigrette or your favorite dressing (for serving)
Preheat over to 425 f.
Mix all the spices in the blackening season together.
Coat each salmon filet in ½ teaspoon of honey. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon blackening seasoning over each piece of salmon.
Bake salmon for 12 minutes.
While salmon is baking, add vegetables and mango to beds of salad greens. Top with pepitas, and your favorite dressing.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 7046mg | Potassium: 1062mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6107IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 4mg