Thai Curry with Chicken
A healthy yellow Thai curry with chicken and lots of veggies.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs boneless, cut into bite sized pieces
- salt to taste
- 5 mini yukon gold potatoes quartered
- 1/3 cup Thai yellow curry paste
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups snap peas ends trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups coconut milk full fat
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar optional, but recommended
- cilantro chopped, to garnish
- chilis or chili sauce to serve, optional
Add avocado oil to a large skillet over high heat, and then add chicken. Brown chicken for about 4-5 minutes. The chicken should not be fully cooked.
Add the potatoes, and then cover the pan with a lid to allow the potatoes. Steam for about 10 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
Add the curry paste, and stir to coat the chicken and potatoes.
Add the cauliflower and peas, and cover with the lid again, and allow the vegetables to steam about 5 minutes.
Remove the lid, and add the coconut milk. Season with coconut sugar, if desired, and more salt if needed. Adjust the seasonings by adding chili paste if more spice is needed.
Garnish with cilantro, and serve over Mahatma Authentic Grains Jasmine Rice.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2514IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 6mg