Thai Almond Salad Dressing
If you're a fan of peanut sauce, you will LOVE this salad dressing. Tons of creamy, healthy flavor to smother your greens. Caution: Will cause serious salad cravings!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk canned (full fat)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar unseasoned, plain
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos sub 1 tablespoon soy sauce if desired
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey or sub date syrup
- 1/4-1/2 sea salt to taste (less if using soy sauce)
Add all ingredients (omitting the sea salt), starting with 1 teaspoon of sriracha (unless you know you love it spicy), to a blender. Blend well for 1-2 minutes, until mixture begins to lighten and looks well mixed (the coconut milk will make it get slightly "fluffy."
Taste, and adjust seasonings to taste. Add more lime or sriracha if you love those flavors, and use a dash of sea salt to bring the flavors out more if desired.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Coconut milk does go bad quickly, so this dressing isn't something you can have around for a long time.
If you'd like the dressing to be "pourable," bring it to room temperature and stir well before serving. The oils in the almond butter and coconut milk will softly solidify when refrigerated.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 73mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 0.5mg