Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
A special breakfast for fall! Baked oatmeal is easy to make ahead of time, and feeds a crowd. Perfect for before-school breakfasts, or weekend company.
Servings: 9 slices
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin canned, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup coconut milk canned (full fat)
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or date syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or sub 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoons ginger and nutmeg).
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal rolled oats, not quick oats or steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 350º F.
In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin, coconut milk, almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
Add oats, and mix in.
Pour mixture into a 9x9 baking dish.
Top with pecans and pumpkin seeds, if desired. They will slightly sink in because the mixture will still be liquidy, but that's okay.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until center is set.
Slice and serve hot, or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and enjoy hot or cold.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1725IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg