Roasted Carrot Hummus
This creamy and sweet hummus is made from roasted carrots - not a bean in sight! It's perfect served with raw veggies, endive, or gluten free crackers. It would also be great served with wedges of whole grain pita bread. Whole30 and Paleo!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- garlic minced, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Add carrots to a cookie sheet, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes until well roasted and slightly browned on the bottoms.
Add carrots, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt to a food processor or high speed blender. Process until the mixture is very smooth, 3-5 minutes in a food processor or less time in a high speed blender.
Taste, and adjust salt and lemon juice to taste. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste, and freshly grated garlic, if desired. I usually leave the garlic out of this hummus.
Add the hummus to a container, and place the 4 cinnamon sticks along the top to infuse the hummus with flavor. Completely chill in the refrigerator before serving. Remove the cinnamon sticks and stir well when ready to serve.
Gluten Free Hummus Dippers
Whole30 Hummus Suggestions
- Veggies! We love cucumbers, celery, peppers, radishes, and cherry tomatoes
- Gluten free crackers (like rice crackers or almond flour crackers)
- Tortilla Chips
- Serve hummus with veggies
- Top grilled meats or fish with hummus
- Top salads with carrot hummus
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 18945IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 0.7mg