Addictive Asian Cabbage Salad
This easy asian cabbage slaw is absolutely addictive! The perfect recipe to serve alongside grilled meats, but also a great meal prep option. The magic of this salad is the sweet-spicy-sour-salty dressing.
Servings: 8 servings
- 6 cups cabbage roughly 1/2 head
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/4 cup almonds toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
Asian Cabbage Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar plain (if using seasoned, omit honey & salt)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or sub date syrupe
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha or other chili sauceAfter chopping the veggies, add the cabbage, carrots, and mandarin oranges to a bowl or storage container.
After chopping the veggies, add the cabbage, carrots, and mandarin oranges to a bowl or storage container.
Add all the dressing ingredients together in a jar, and shake well until the honey is combined.
Pour about ½-3/4 of the dressing over the cabbage mixture, and put in the fridge until ready to serve. You can also serve it immediately.
Keep the romaine and red bell peppers stored separately until right before serving.
Toast the sliced almonds and sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until the nuts are lightly browned. Be careful not to burn (I've done that many times!).
Mix the romaine and peppers with the cabbage mixture, and top with almonds and sesame seeds, right before serving.
Add more dressing if desired, or serve the extra dressing on the side.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4050IU | Vitamin C: 48.3mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1.1mg