Broiled Lobster Tails are easy to make at home! Prepare a restaurant quality meal in literally minutes. These easy broiled lobster tail recipe includes a delicious lemon cream sauce!
*Today I’m partnering with Sharp Home USA ~ Sharp creates quality home appliances that make life easier!
The Best Way to Cook Lobster Tails at Home!
Seafood can feel intimidating to the home cook, but in reality, it’s one of the easily meals to prepare.
The key things to remember are to buy fresh, quality seafood, and not to overdo it! Let the flavors of the seafood shine by preparing it simply.
Seafood doesn’t need to cook long, so I make sure to have a whole meal prepped, and put the seafood, like these broiled lobster tails, into the oven as we are ready to eat.
My Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-In Wall Oven has helped me get over my fear of cooking seafood at home. The superheated steam means that meats and seafoods come out super fresh tasting – no dry meats or seafood in this kitchen!
The Sharp SuperSteam+™ Built-in Oven uses a Hybrid Convection System that circulates the hot air, steam, and super steam through a damper duct system. Heat is delivered through the upper and back of the oven and the top of the oven.
Unlike conventional radiant ovens, convection ovens have a fan that continuously circulates air through the oven cavity. When hot air is blown onto food, the food tends to cook more quickly as opposed to merely surrounding it.
I am in love with the results when cooking with this oven, I cannot express enough how this has changed the way I cook in my kitchen.
I cook my lobster tails on my Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-In Wall Oven on SuperSteam+ Grill Mode. This cooking mode creates delicious grilled and sautéed items such as fish, vegetables, onions, and steak. Like the broil function in a traditional oven, food cooks for shorter lengths of time at high temperatures.
If you think a Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-In Wall Oven might be right in your kitchen, hop on over to the Sharp website to learn more!
How to Butterfly Lobster Tails
Step 1: Use kitchen scissors to cut down the back of the shell. Cut from the top of the shell to just before the tail, being sure not to cut all the way through.
Step 2: Use your fingers to loosen the meat from inside the shell. When you do this the first time, it will feel difficult, but you’ll soon learn how to press your finger up the ridges inside to loosen the meat without tearing it. When it feels loosened, hold the cut portion of the shell apart and push the meat up onto the top of the shell. The meat will sit on top, and the shell below will be empty.
Step 3: Mix together melted butter with paprika, salt and pepper. This will season the meat and allow it to brown better when the tails are broiled.
Step 4: If desired, add a quick cooking vegetable, like asparagus, to the baking tray along with the prepared lobster tails.
Your tails will be ready to cook at this point. Make sure the rest of your dinner (including the cream sauce below!) is ready before broiling the lobster tails, because they cook very fast!
How Long to Broil Lobster Tails
Lobster tails cook very fast, so prepare them on the baking tray, and then make sure the rest of the rest of your dinner is ready.
The rule of thumb is to broil lobster tails for 1 minute per ounce of each tail.
If your lobster tails are:
- 4-6 ounces, broil for 5 MINUTES
- 7-9 ounces, broil for 8 MINUTES
- 10-12 ounces, broil for 11 MINUTES
My lobster tails were about 5 ounces each.
Drizzle with a Delicious Lemon Cream Sauce
The lobster tails are delicious simply broiled with the seasoned butter. You can serve them plain, or with additional melted butter and lemon wedges.
If you’d like to elevate your plates a bit, try this delicious cream sauce.
Step 1: Add avocado oil and garlic to a saucepan or skillet. Allow the garlic to become fragrant over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Add the vegetable broth, lemon juice, and heavy whipping cream. Whisk together and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, until the sauce reduces and begins to thicken.
Lobster Tails with Lemon Cream Sauce
- 4 lobster tails
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- black pepper to taste
Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prep the lobster tails by using a scissors to cut lengthwise down the top of the shell. Cut towards the tail, stopping before the end to keep the tail connected. Use fingers to push inside the shell and loosen the meat, then gently spread the cut tail and push the meat up through the split, arranging the meat on the top of the shell. Repeat with all 4 lobster tails, and place them on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, salt, pepper, and paprika. Use a pastry brush to brush the meat of each lobster tail.
- Preheat the Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-In Wall Oven to Steam/Grill.
- Grill the lobster tails for 5-10 minutes. Smaller lobster tails that are 4-6 ounces will take 5 minutes, while 10 ounce lobster tails will take 10 minutes to fully cook.
- Serve the lobster tails with Lemon Cream Sauce.
Lemon Cream Sauce
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and garlic. Saute for about 7 minutes until fully softened, but not browned.
- Add the vegetable broth, lemon juice, and heavy whipping cream. Whisk until the mixture comes to a low simmer, then remove from heat.