This healthy Chicken Spinach Salad with Avocado, Pomegranate and Pecans is packed with fall flavors and healthy fats. The perfect satiating paleo salad to meal prep or serve for dinner.
The Perfect Paleo Chicken Salad for Meal Prep
I will be honest here — I am not the Meal Prep queen people think I am.
When I do meal prep, it’s usually just salads. Really, what we all want to eat more of, but struggle to when we aren’t prepared, is MORE VEGGIES!
Another thing that makes it more enticing to eat salads all week is having a healthy and flavorful salad dressing ready to go. My Poppyseed Honey Mustard Salad Dressing is exactly that — you will make salads just to have something to pour this onto!
The Perfect Spinach Salad
I adore salads with a balance of savoury and sweet, crunchy and creamy. This salad has it all!
Top fresh and vibrant spinach leaves with plenty of:
- Pomegranate Arils: For little pops of sweetness and TONS of antioxidant power.
- Apples: More seasonal crunch and sweetness.
- Avocado: Hello, healthy fats and salad-staying-power!
- Pecans: What nut seems more fall-seasonal than pecans?
- Creamy Poppyseed Honey Mustard Salad Dressing: Developed exactly for this salad – made creamy using tahini, not mayo! So whimsical, it will brighten up any chilly day.
And then, cook up some herb marinated chicken. You won’t be sorry that you took the time to allow the chicken to sit in herbs prior to grilling it! It cooks up so juicy and full of flavor. Sage always reminds me of Thanksgiving!
To marinate the chicken, I love to use chopped fresh herbs – rosemary, thyme and sage. If you don’t have fresh herbs, definitely just use dried! I do when I don’t have access to fresh ones.
So what are you waiting for? Get your salad game on this week!
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to share it with me! Remember to use the hashtag #SunkissedKitchen on Instagram!
Chicken Spinach Salad with Pomegranate
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh sage chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pomegranate arils
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted
- 1 apple cut into chunks
- Poppyseed Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Prepare the chicken by marinating it in a bowl with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and herbs. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken on a grill pan, about 8 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Slice chicken.
- Combine all salad ingredients, and serve with poppyseed honey mustard dressing.
OTHER HEALTHY MEAL PREP SALAD RECIPES:
- Fall Zoodle Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Cold Beet Salad with Pecan Arugula Pesto, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Spiralized Cucumber Chicken Waldorf Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
This Chicken Spinach Salad with Pomegranate post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!