A healthy, low carb breakfast! These Cauliflower Fritter Sausage Stacks are easy to make, and are drizzled with a creamy avocado sauce. A delicious healthy breakfast that is perfect for meal prep.
This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm — a company committed to bringing high quality breakfast meat options. I love that this company has healthier options, such as sugar free and nitrate free bacon, and antibiotic free and sugar free turkey and chicken sausage. I only work with brands whose products I genuinely love. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Sunkissed Kitchen running!
How to Make Cauliflower Fritters
I’ve been wanting to try making the best cauliflower fritters for a long time. In the past, I’ve tried them, and ended up with either overly-crunchy cauliflower that didn’t quite cook as I browned them, or fritters that were too watery and didn’t hold together well.
I finally nailed the perfect process for making paleo & low carb cauliflower fritters, and have a fun way to stack them for a delicious breakfast!
My secrets to making the perfect fritters:
- First, coarsely “rice” the cauliflower in a food processor. This can be done by hand, but who has the patience for that?! I leave the cauliflower in larger pieces than I do when I am making cauliflower rice.
- Next, microwave (or steam, if you don’t like to use your microwave) the cauliflower for about 4 minutes until it’s hot and softened.
- Add the cooked cauliflower into a large clean dish towel, and then squeeze hard to press out about 3/4 cup of water. It might not seem possible when you start squeezing, but just keep twisting the towel to tighten it, and the water will start coming out fast!
- Mix the cauliflower with healthy, low carb ingredients and lightly season them — I add almond flour, eggs, sea salt, parsley, and salt. Simple!
Serve with Sausage for a Healthy Keto and Whole30 Breakfast!
I’ve taken these cauliflower fritters and turned them into a super delicious (and easy) breakfast.
This breakfast is low carb thanks to Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown® Turkey Sausage Patties made with no MSG, no preservatives and 6 grams of protein per serving.
I love the range of breakfast options that come from Jones Dairy Farm. If you’re looking for healthier breakfast meat options — they have a great variety that includes pork, turkey and chicken products.
What I truly love about this company is its limited ingredient list – meat and spices. No fillers, no preservatives, no nitrates or nitrites.
Check out Jones Dairy Farm’s product locator to see which items are available near you!
Meal Prep Low Carb Cauliflower Fritters with Creamy Avocado Sauce
You can keep these cauliflower fritter and sausage stacks super simple — or dress them up like I did!
I drizzled these with a creamy avocado sauce — just avocado, lemon juice, salt and cumin. Whir it up in a food processor for about a minute, and then drizzle or spoon it on top!
What I love about this sauce is that it doesn’t go brown! The acid in the lemon juice makes this sauce stay good refrigerated for days! So drizzle it on, keep it on the side, use it on your salads or tacos or whatever else you love!
Cauliflower Fritter Sausage Stacks
- 1 cauliflower large (about 6 cups riced cauliflower)
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Golden Brown Turkey Sausage 2 boxes
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil or sub grapeseed oil
Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch cayenne optional, to taste
- Rice cauliflower in a food processor until coarsely chopped, slightly larger than typical cauliflower rice. Using store bought riced cauliflower will work also.
- Add cauliflower to a large microwavable bowl or dish. Microwave for 4 minutes. Alternately, add to a steamer and steam for about 7 minutes on the stovetop.
- Add cooked riced cauliflower to a large thin dish towel, and twist to squeeze the excess water out of the cauliflower. Try to squeeze out about 3/4 of a cup of water.
- Add the cauliflower, almond flour, parsley, egg, salt and pepper to a bowl, and mix well to combine.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of avocado oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add sausage patties, and 2 large mounds of the cauliflower mixture.
- Use a spatula to press down the cauliflower into round patties.
- Cover the skillet and allow to cook until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully flip the cauliflower patties and sausages, and continue to cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat until all the cauliflower mixture and sausages are cooked.
- Drizzle with avocado sauce and chopped tomatoes, if desired.
- Add avocado and all other ingredients to a food processor, and process until smooth and creamy.
Other Whole30 Breakfast Recipes:
- Whole30 Collard Wrap Breakfast Burritos, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Quiche, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Whole30 Breakfast Chia Pudding, by Sunkissed Kitchen
This Cauliflower Fritter Sausage Stack post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!