This Mid Summer Dream Salad is a celebration of summer produce– green beans, corn, cherries and peaches are the stars of the show, but some boiled egg and pecans add interest and some protein. For those hot summer nights when you need a cooling meal!
Big salads are my favorite meal — if you’ve been reading for a while, you know that! I have big salad creations on here more than any other type of food.
They are such a great way to pack in the nutrients!
When I am not feeling my healthiest, especially after indulging in too many sweets, or after traveling and having to make do with restaurant offerings for too many days, I crave salads. Give me a huge bowl of greens piled high with fruit, veggies and nuts. Does anyone else get peeved when they order a salad out and get more cheese and croutons than lettuce? Any serious salad lover knows that the best salads are made at home, by someone who appreciates ALL THE VEGGIES!
My favorite go-to salad dressing is a simple blend or olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. I use it all the time. This salad is so packed with flavor and texture, I knew I needed to keep the dressing super simple. The summer produce really shines here and doesn’t need a complicated dressing overshadowing it.
The other evening we went for a walk, and came home to a warm house from the recent heat wave, and this salad ready and chilled in the fridge. Absolutely perfect to enjoy on the back patio with a delicious glass of white wine.So summery and fresh, and so cooling.
I had planned on making this salad with my favorite crunchy romaine lettuce, but when I cut into the last head, it was going bad. Instead, I used some curly kale finely chopped mixed with some shredded butterhead lettuce. It was perfect. These salad toppings will work on any greens base you choose– chop up some lacinato kale, use a bag of spring mix, even peppery arugula would be amazing in this salad.
Tips for Mid Summer Dream Salad
- Make it Ahead: Make this salad ahead of time by leaving off the dressing a pecans until ready to serve.
- Make it Paleo/Whole30: This salad makes a perfect Whole30 summer meal if you omit the corn!
Mid Summer Dream Salad
- 4 cups kale finely shredded
- 1 head butter lettuce finely shredded
- 4 eggs hardboiled
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup cherries pitted and halved
- 1 piece large peach thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup basil shredded
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. and add the olive oil, green beans, and sweet corn. Saute until the beans and corn are heated through and have some charred color to them.
- In a large salad bowl, add shredded greens, and then top with quartered hard boiled eggs, cherries, peaches, green beans, corn, basil and pecans.
- In a small jar. add together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad, and toss.
- If not serving right away, keep the dressing and pecans separate, and add right before serving.
Other Loaded Summer Salad Recipes:
- Chopped Greek Salad Recipe, by Marla Meredith
- Cucumber Noodle, Watermelon, and Feta Salad, by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Summer’s Freshest 3 Bean Salad, by Vitamin Sunshine
- Addictive Asian Cabbage Salad, by Vitamin Sunshine
Recommended for this Recipe
I just bought an OXO Cherry Pitter— and am in love! What have I been doing all these years without it? It makes the whole cherry eating experience so much better. I am using cherries in recipes now because it’s so easy to pit them- before, I would just eat them plain because I hated cutting them apart.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small percentage of any purchases made.