These healthy superfood gluten free waffles are a fun breakfast any day of the week. Dress them up with a scoop of dairy free, fruit and veggie based “ice cream” for an extra special treat!
This post is sponsored by Ninja Kitchen and Glean. I received free products from both companies in exchange for entering a recipe contest. Read below to learn more about both of these companies and why I love them, and also for a chance to win an amazing giveaway!
A Fun Giveaway for You!
I’ve started collaborating with two amazing companies I’d like you to know more about!
The first company is Glean, a company that is helping reduce farm waste by turning vegetables that might be tossed out into healthy, superfood flours. The products are 100% vegetables — they make a sweet potato, pumpkin, cauliflower and beet flour. These gluten free flours are great for adding additional nutrients to dishes, like these waffles and nice cream!
Ninja Kitchen certainly isn’t a brand I am new to, but I just recently learned about how many different products they are making now. They sent me a blender/food processor combo with vacuum seal technology, and it’s now something I use every single day. Having quality kitchen tools makes eating healthy so much easier (and more fun, because — toys!).
How to Make Healthier Gluten Free Waffles
Waffles and pancakes are such forgiving gluten free treats to make! You can use 100% gluten free flours, without having to mix them or add gums or fillers.
These healthy superfood waffles are made with oat flour, and one of my new favorite flours, the Glean pumpkin flour. The pumpkin flour adds a light sweet and earthy flavor, plus packs in extra nutrients.
I also use greek yogurt and egg to pump up the protein here!
Dairy Free Superfood Ice Cream
Have you ever made “ice cream” out of frozen fruit? The first kind I tried was made from frozen bananas. If you haven’t tried it, I urge you to! It’s so simple you don’t even need a recipe. Peel and freeze bananas, and then add the frozen banana chunks and a little almond or coconut milk to a food processor, and process until the bananas are broken down and they begin to “fluff up” and turn into the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
I was so in love with this healthier ice cream treat, I used to make it every day. I experimented with all different kinds of fruits and veggies, and found that bananas work best, but additions like frozen mangos, or fresh berries (not frozen first) are great.
I wanted to add even more nutrients to this version, so I combined frozen bananas and mangos, with fresh raspberries and beet powder. This combination resulted in a vibrant pink ice cream that is as fun to look at as it is to eat. And you CAN eat this every day because it’s full of superfoods!
Superfood Waffles and Nice Cream
- To make waffles, add the eggs, yogurt, almond milk, date paste (or honey), coconut oil, salt and baking soda to a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the oat and pumpkin flours, and stir to combine. Add 1-2 tablespoons almond milk to thin if necessary.
- Heat a waffle iron on medium-high heat. Spray with coconut oil if necessary with your waffle iron.
- Cook waffles until the steam lessens and the waffles and brown and crisp on the outside.
Raspberry Beet Superfoods Ice Cream
- Add all ingredients to the Ninja food processor bowl, and process on low until the mixture is broken up, and then increase the power to high. If necessary, use a spoon to scrape the sides and press it down into the bottom of the food processor bowl, and then turn the machine back on high, and process until the fruit is completely broken up and the fruit mixture begins to "fluff up" and look similar to soft serve ice cream.
- Serve waffles with a scoop of "nice cream." For ice cream that scoops similar to the photos, freeze for 1-2 hours, and then scoop. However, I usually just add scoops straight from the food processor!
Other Fun Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes:
- Breakfast Sundaes, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Whole30 Quiche with a Sweet Potato Crust, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Breakfast Thumbprint Cookies, by Sunkissed Kitchen
You Might Need:
This Superfood Waffles and Nice Cream post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!