These Blissful Blueberry Breakfast Bars are another new favorite– based off my Oatmeal Walnut Date Bars, the crust is sweetened with dates, and the blueberry “jam” is made with pureed pears and fresh blueberries– simple, so the fruit is really the star of the show here.
I’ve noticed recently the most popular dessert items on my blog are the ones that require no added sweeteners– which is great (my Oatmeal Walnut Date Bars, and Breakfast Cookies, are two of them). Those are my favorite dessert items to eat myself, and to make for my family.
I made these several times this summer — and when we had guests for the weekend, they made a great, easy addition to breakfast. Scramble some eggs, set out these bars, and everyone is happy. They freeze great, too– so we kept some in the freezer for quick on-the-go breakfasts, which is so necessary with a 1-year old baby-about-to-turn-toddler in the house.
Tips for Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- When I made them with frozen blueberries, I increased the baking time by 5 minutes, and the bottom crust still turned out under-baked. I would recommend assembling, and then letting the unbaked pan sit out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes prior to baking to allow the crust to properly bake if using frozen berries.
- These are crumbly when warm out of the oven– which isn’t a bad idea! Warm with some vanilla frozen yogurt makes a great dessert! If you’d like to slice them into nice bars, completely cool (in the refrigerator) prior to cutting.
Other Sugar-Free Breakfast Worthy Treats
- Healthy No-Bake Almond Cranberry Granola Bars, by Life Made Sweeter
- Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars, by Simply Quinoa
- Healthy Flourless Date and Walnut Breakfast Cake, by Big Man’s World
- Oatmeal Walnut Date Bars, by Vitamin Sunshine
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies, by Vitamin Sunshine