If you haven’t tried this fun egg recipe, Cloud Eggs are a must-make! The egg whites are whipped up until fluffy, mixed with flavorful additions, and then scooped onto a baking sheet like clouds. Add the egg yolk back in for a delicious breakfast treat.
*Today I’m partnering with Sharp Home USA ~ Sharp creates quality home appliances that make life easier!
A Delicious Bacon & Cheese Cloud Eggs Recipe
Have you seen Cloud Eggs on social media and wondered how to make these delicious fluffy breakfast treats?
This version is a delicious combo of bacon and cheese, but they are customizable based on your favorites!
What are Cloud Eggs?
Cloud eggs are an egg that has been separated, and the egg whites whipped until light and fluffy. The egg whites are scooped in mounds onto a baking tray, and then the egg yolk is gently replaced into the egg white “cloud”.
Then, the cloud eggs are baked until the whites are cooked and the egg yolks are soft and runny.
This recipe includes bacon and cheddar cheese, and are garnished with green onions. You could also use precooked breakfast sausage, or keep them vegetarian by omitting the meat or using chopped and cooked peppers or broccoli.
However you decide to flavor your cloud eggs, it’s a breakfast you’re sure to enjoy!
The light and fluffy whipped egg whites have an airy texture, and the addition of the cheese and bacon makes these an omelet-style meal. Kids and guests will love this simple egg dish!
I baked this Cloud Eggs recipe in my Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-In Wall Oven. This luxury oven bakes with a combination of superheated steam and convection, restaurant-quality results at home.
It’s easy to cook eggs for a crowd using the steam oven.
Sharp’s revolutionary kitchen appliances are the perfect addition to your kitchen, so hop on over to the Sharp Home USA website to learn more.
How to Make Cloud Eggs
Step 1: Separate the egg whites from the yolks, being careful to keep the egg yolks whole and in half a shell so you can easily use them later.
Step 2: Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
Step 3: Next, gently fold the shredded cheese and bacon into the egg whites, careful not to deflate the whites.
Step 4: Scoop the egg whites into fluffy mounds on a baking tray.
Step 5: Use a spoon to create a divot in each egg white “cloud” and then place an egg yolk in the center of each one.
Step 6: Bake the Cloud Eggs in the Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-In Wall Oven for 8 minutes.
If you do not have a steam oven, preheat a regular oven to 425º F and bake for 10 minutes.
Variations on Cloud Eggs
If bacon and cheddar isn’t your thing, or you don’t have them on hand, try:
Plain Cloud Eggs: You can omit the mix ins, and just use the fluffy egg whites with the yolk centers. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with fresh chopped herbs.
Vegetarian Cloud Eggs: Omit the bacon, and use sauteed onions, peppers, or broccoli in place of it. Use any type of shredded cheese you enjoy.
Mix up the Cheese: Try your favorite cheese here, or whatever you have on hand. Havarti, pepper jack, or Swiss are great options in eggs!
Try Different Breakfast Meats: If you don’t have bacon on hand, try chopped ham, Canadian bacon, or cooked breakfast sausage.
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- green onions chopped, to garnish, optional
- Preheat the Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-in Wall Oven to 400º F for 6 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone liner. If you don't have a Steam oven, preheat a standard oven to Bake at 425º F.
- Separate the eggs, being sure to not break the yolks. Keep the yolks whole in one bowl, and the egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer with a whisk attachment to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in bacon and cheese, being careful not to deflate the egg whites.
- Scoop the egg whites into 6 mounds on the baking tray. Use fingers or a spoon to create a divit in the center of each mound of whites.
- Carefully place 1 egg yolk into the center of each "cloud."
- Bake the eggs for 6-8 minutes and serve hot. The steam oven will cook the eggs to medium in 6 minutes and well done in 8. A standard oven will cook the eggs to medium in about 8 minutes.