This healthy tiramisu recipe is made with homemade lady fingers that are gluten and grain free. A super creamy and high protein dessert, this Greek yogurt tiramisu is made with kaluha and dark chocolate, and of course, marscapone cheese!
Homemade Gluten and Grain Free Lady Fingers
This recipe has long been a favorite at our house! When I first decided to make a homemade tiramisu, I knew it would be a challenge to find gluten free lady fingers. I also didn’t want to buy a special pan only for lady fingers, that I would use maybe once a year.
This delicious vanilla coconut flour cake recipe from Elana’s Pantry was easy to adapt to make beautiful lady fingers.
After mixing together the simple ingredients, and then allowing the batter to sit and thicken for 5 minutes, I just add it to a plastic bag, and then I can pipe it onto a lined baking tray. They aren’t PERFECT lady fingers, but they look pretty good, and no one will see them once they are smothered in creamy greek yogurt marscapone cheese!
A Healthy Tiramisu Recipe
Yogurt is a favorite around our house. It’s the perfect dessert. Healthy, cool, creamy, high in protein . . . what’s not to like? My go-to late night sweet treat is a cup of yogurt with sliced frozen bananas, topped with nut butter, coconut, sometimes chocolate chips. Today, you’re here for tiramisu. Healthy tiramisu– Greek yogurt tiramisu– Gluten free tiramisu!
Maybe it’s my penchant for the tangy bite of yogurt, but I believe this is better than the original. I’ve always preferred frozen yogurt over ice cream. For those of you who are lactose intolerant, hopefully this version won’t leave you regretting your decision to indulge! Although I am lactose intolerant, my stomach tolerates yogurt quite well- thankfully, because it’s such a great source of calcium and protein. I used marscapone cheese (could it really be a tiramisu without it?), but if even that’s too much for you, I am sure this would be good without it.
Make this Your Own Gluten Free Tiramisu
- Make it Dairy Free: Substitute coconut Greek yogurt, and vegan cream cheese in place of the marscapone.
- Make it Alcohol Free: I like the Kahlua because it adds a sweet coffee flavor with only 1 ingredient. In place of it, you can use espresso sweetened with honey.
Greek Yogurt Tiramisu
- Preheat over to 320º F.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a small bowl along with the baking soda. Mix well to combine.
- Add the coconut flour and almond flour, mixing well until there are no clumps remaining. Do not worry about overstirring.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes. The coconut flour is very absorbent, and the batter should thicken up considerably. If after 5 minutes the batter doesn't seem thick enough to pipe into lady fingers, add another tablespoon of coconut flour, mix well, and allow to sit another 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the thickened batter to a plastic ziplock bag (or pastry bag). Cut a 1/2 inch slit in one corner, and pipe 2 1/2 inch long strips. Leave space between each one; the batter rises and spreads.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Add the greek yogurt, marscapone cheese, honey and vanilla to a food processor bowl, and process for 30-45 seconds, until mixture is very smooth. This can also be done by hand.
- Put Kahlua in a small bowl, then dip cooled lady fingers in, soaking the bottom half of each one. Arrange soaked lady fingers along the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish. Cover the lady fingers with 1 cup of yogurt mixture, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder, and 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate.
- Repeat for 2 more layers.
- Refrigerate to set. For pretty, well-set slices, it’s best to let it set overnight.
OTHER GREEK YOGURT DESSERT RECIPES:
- Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt Cheesecake, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Greek Yogurt Tiramisu, by Sunkissed Kitchen
This Greek Yogurt Tiramisu post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!