This Whole30 Chicken Blackberry Salad is the perfect summer meal. Loaded with roasted chicken, fresh berries, avocado, and topped with chopped pistachios. This salad makes a delicious Whole30 lunch or light dinner, and comes together in 20 minutes.
Bring it together with a Creamy Basil Tahini Dressing
I love salads — they aren’t something you necessarily need a recipe for. Salad “recipes” are often just inspiration for adding a combo of fun ingredients to a pile of greens.
But add a delicious dressing that is made especially for a salad recipe, and it’s a different story.
The fresh basil and dill in this creamy Whole30 salad dressing recipe pair so wonderfully with all the berries, and looks beautiful drizzled over the deep colored baby greens.
Basil is perfect for summer salad dressings, especially if you have a garden overflowing with fresh herbs (or a neighbor who does, in my case!).
An Easy Whole30 Lunch
Success on the Whole30 definitely has to do with preparation! It’s difficult to stay on track if you get busy and run out of time to make a home cooked meal. The rules eliminate quick sandwiches or protein bars to grab in a pinch, but with a little thought, salads like this can be prepped ahead of time and ready to go at a moment’s notice!
The only part of the recipe that really takes time is the dressing. It’s 5 or 6 ingredients thrown in your blender and processed a few minutes. Having salad dressings that are full of healthy fats and protein, and are also really tasty, makes building a Whole30 dream salad so easy.
I used leftover rotisserie chicken in this recipe, which in itself is a lifesaver on the Whole30. Having one of those on hand once a week or so really cuts down on food preparation time.
This easy chicken salad is bursting with nutrition from:
- Blackberries, strawberries and raspberries, which are low sugar fruits high in fiber and low in calories. The perfect bursts of sweetness in this salad creation.
- Creamy slices of avocado, which provides the extra calories and healthy fats needed to make a salad satiating.
- Crunchy, salty pistachios, because every salad needs a combo of textures!
Whole30 Chicken Blackberry Salad
- 8 cups baby greens
- 1 lb rotisserie chicken cut in chunks
- 2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup pistachios shelled, toasted
Creamy Basil Tahini Dressing
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender, and process until it's a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Layer salads with greens, berries, avocado, chicken and pistachios. Serve with Creamy Basil Tahini dressing.
Other Whole30 Salad Recipes:
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch , By The Endless Meal
- Whole30 Chicken Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps, by Sunkissed Kitchen
I’d love to connect with you on social media! Find me on Facebook or Instagram where I post daily healthy eating and lifestyle inspiration.
This Whole30 Chicken Blackberry Salad post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!
Leave a Reply