A delicious and easy Keto Zucchini Lasagna Recipe made in cute individual cups! These fun zucchini lasagna rolls are loaded with melty cheese and sausage. Meal prep these for healthy, low carb snacks or meals.
This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm — a company committed to bringing you high quality breakfast meat options. I only work with brands whose products I genuinely love. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Sunkissed Kitchen running!
Reasons to LOVE this Recipe
Lately, we’ve really been cutting down on carbs around my house. Instead of even healthier grains, like quinoa and buckwheat, we are filling our plates first with quality meats and lots of low carb veggies — and this time of year, zucchini often plays a staring role in our meals.
Even if you’re not focusing on lower carbs in your diet, you’ll still love these healthy Zucchini Lasagna bites!
Plus, I’ve included my sausage from my favorite brand, Jones Dairy Farm. Their line of breakfast meats are ones I feel great about eating and serving to my family.
Try the All Natural Golden Brown Turkey Sausage in this recipe, or even the chicken or pork sausage. Whatever option you choose, you can rest assured knowing that Jones Dairy Farm uses minimal ingredients — meat, spices, and salt, and all products are certified gluten free.
Why this Recipe Works:
- Zucchini, cheese, SAUSAGE? Come on now. A perfect trio.
- These rolls are perfect for gluten free, low carb, and keto diets.
- The ingredient list? Just 7 items, and ones that are easy to have on hand!
- The cute, individual sized portions make great CHEESY snacks (high in protein, also!), but several plated together makes a perfect light summery meal.
How to Make Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
Step 1: Start by preparing your cheese mixture. Like a standard lasagna recipe, this calls for a mixture of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and parmesan cheeses. I mix them up with an egg yolk to help the roll ups stay together.
Step 3: Add 1 tablespoon of tomato basil sauce to each of the cavities in a muffin tin.
Step 4: Use 3 strips of zucchini, and lay them end-to-end, slightly overlapped. Add about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture, and spread it along the whole length of the zucchini noodles. Then, add Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Turkey sausage! They don’t even need to be cooked prior to slicing them thinly, because they come precooked.
Then, the fun part! Roll up the zucchini noodle with the cheese and sausage filling, and add it to the muffin tin.
Step 5: Top each of the roll ups with an extra sprinkle of mozzarella cheese — because the browned bubbly part on top is the best!
Step 6: Bake the roll ups for 15 minutes! That’s all it takes to get the cheese melty and oozy, and not over baking them keeps the zucchini a bit crisp and from getting really watery.
Sprinkle with extra parmesan and some red chili flakes, if desired, and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 zucchini
- 1 package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Turkey Sausage
- 3/4 cup tomato basil sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- In a bowl, add ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses, along with the egg yolk. Stir to combine, and set aside.
- Make zucchini noodles using a mandolin. It's very hard to hand slice thin noodles like these! You will need 3 noodles for each roll, so make 36 noodles.
- Slice the sausage into thin rounds.
- Add 1 tablespoon of tomato basil sauce to each hole in a muffin pan.
- Take 3 zucchini noodles, and place them end-to-end, slightly overlapping. Add about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixtures to the noodles, and spread the mixture from end to end. Add some slices of sausage onto the cheese, and then roll up the zucchini into a round. Add the zucchini roll up to the muffin tin, and then repeat with 12 roll ups.
- Top each roll with additional mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Bake the zucchini lasagnas for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Top with additional parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.