5 Minute, No Bake Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect snack to have on hand for chocolate cravings! All heart-healthy ingredients, and low in sugar. This healthy almond joy cookie recipe is vegan and gluten free.
When I was a kid, my favorite cookies were the no-bake cookies my mom made. I don’t have her recipe, but I remember lots of butter, lots of sugar, and lots of gooey hands from stealing them before they had set.
Last year, when making my Double Dark Chocolate Cookies, I realized the dough tasted a whole lot like those beloved cookies from my childhood.
What I do know is that extra virgin coconut oil tastes amazing, is so easy to use in baked goods, and easy to always have on hand in bulk! It’s an essential ingredient for these No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies. It allows them set once they are cold, rather than relying on melting and hardening of sugar.
Healthy 5 Minute Almond Joy Cookies
These cookies are made with a short ingredient list– all of which have health boosting properties! Enjoy these cookies in moderation because they are high in healthy fats, but you certainly won’t be left with a sugar crash from enjoying these.
To make these cookies, you’ll need:
- Almond Butter & Almonds
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa Powder
- Date Syrup (or honey)
- Sea salt
- A mini muffin pan (mine is similar to this style)
How to Make No Bake Almond Joy Cookies
To make these cookies in layers, start with 3 bowls. Prepare each of the layers (the 3rd layer is just melted dark chocolate, so super duper easy!).
Once the components of each layer are prepared, start by adding a spoonful of the chocolate oatmeal layer to each section of the mini muffin pan.
Press down the chocolate layer and pack it tight, so it’s easy to add a layer of the coconut mixture on top of that. Press down the coconut layer to compact the cookies.
Top these cookies with a coating of melted dark chocolate, and if desired, add the trademark 2 almonds on top as a garnish.
Allow the cookies to set in the freezer for 20-30 minutes before enjoying, and store them in the freezer for the best results.
When a chocolate craving hits, you’ll be prepared!
Tips for Making No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies:
- To make these Gluten Free, make sure to use a certified gluten free oatmeal.
- Make it Vegan: Stick to date syrup or even maple syrup to keep these vegan. Honey works as a swap in this recipe if that’s included in your diet. Be sure to use quality dark chocolate with no milk products.
- For the Family: These cookies are high in calories because of the nut butter and coconut oil, but the calories are all nutrient dense and healthy! My son loves these, and I don’t mind him having small amounts of honey once in a while. He is teething, so I let him have these right out of the freezer when his mouth is bothering him.
No Bake Almond Joy Cookies
Chocolate Oatmeal Layer
Chewy Coconut Layer
Dark Chocolate Coating
- 2 ounces 85% dark chocolate melted
- Prepare the chocolate oatmeal layer first. Add all ingredients except oatmeal to a bowl and mix well until glossy. Add oatmeal, and stir come fully coat.
- Divide the chocolate oatmeal layer into 12 cookies by pressing the mixture down in a mini muffin tin (I love my silicone mini muffin pan for this).
- Prepare the almond coconut layer by adding the almond butter, coconut oil, and honey to a bowl. Mix to combine, and then microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm until it just begins to bubble, but not for too long. Watch carefully to keep the mixture from hardening too much. Remove from microwave, and add coconut, and stir to combine.
- Divide the coconut layer between the 12 cookies.
- Top with a layer of melted dark chocolate, and 2 almonds if desired.
- Freeze until set, at least 25 minutes.
Other Healthy Chocolate Cookie Recipes:
- Healthy Avocado Chocolate Cookies, by The Sprouted Fig
- Healthy Double Chocolate Breakfast Cookies, by Whole and Heavenly
- No- Bake Chocolate Fudge Cookies, by OhSheGlows
- Gluten Free Double Dark Chocolate Cookies, by Vitamin Sunshine
This Healthy No Bake Almond Joy Cookies post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small percentage of any purchases made.