Try this easy method – Air Fryer Asparagus! Air fryers are so versatile, cooking meats and veggies to perfection, with little to clean up afterwards.
An Easy, Delicious Way to Cook Asparagus!
If you love your air fryer as much as I love mine, you’ll want to bookmark this recipe.
Easy to prep, bursting with fresh flavor, and so healthy. It’s the perfect side dish any night of the week.
Crisp asparagus is tossed with a simple seasoning of avocado oil, salt and pepper, then given an extra flavor boost with lemon and parmesan cheese.
What You’ll Need:
- Fresh Asparagus
- Avocado Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese (optional, but so delicious!)
- Lemon juice or a fresh lemon
If you don’t have an air fryer, consider trying this Easy Broiled Asparagus!
How to Cook Asparagus in an Air Fryer
Step 1: Wash asparagus, and trim off the ends. I just snap them where it feels like the tough woody end part stops.
Step 2: Spray or brush the asparagus with avocado or olive oil.
Step 3: Season asparagus with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Step 4: Preheat the air fryer at 400º F for 5 minutes. Air fry the asparagus for 5 minutes (7 minutes if asparagus is very thick).
How to Store Asparagus
I typically only cook as much asparagus as we are going to eat.
If you end up with leftovers, put the asparagus in an air tight container, and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat asparagus at 400º F for 5 minutes in an air fryer.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll LOVE
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Asian Chicken Wings
- Blackened Air Fryer Salmon
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespon avocado oil
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese divided
- lemon slices to garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 400º F for 5 minutes.
- Snap the ends off of washed asparagus. Bend the spears towards the bottom of the stalks, and they will naturally break where the woody end stops and the softer part starts.
- Spray the asparagus with avocado oil.
- Season asparagus with salt and pepper, and 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese, reserving the other to garnish the cooked asparagus.
- Cook the asparagus in the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish asparagus with additional parmesan cheese and lemon slices.