You’ll love this delicious and simple marinated air fryer pork chops recipe. When you have time during the day, toss together a simple marinade, and refrigerate the pork chops until you’re ready for dinner. Then these cook in 12 minutes and come out tender and juicy every time!
Delicious Air Fryer Pork Chops Ready in Minutes!
It’s easy to dry out meat in an air fryer, because most things cook more quickly than expected. This recipe uses a delicious marinade to infuse the pork chops with great flavor, but also keep them moist, and give them a fantastic glazed exterior.
You don’t have to be a master chef to make a delicious, healthy meal. In fact, you could probably task your kids to prep these!
What You’ll Need
- Boneless Pork Chops (you can use thick or thin pork chops)
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Aminos (can sub soy sauce or tamari)
- Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Paprika (optional)
- Kosher Salt
- Italian Parsley (optional)
What are the Best Pork Chops for the Air Fryer?
I prefer to cook thick pork chops in the air fryer.
I buy heritage breed pork chops from ButcherBox. ButcherBox is where most the meat I use in my kitchen comes from. The company sources meat that’s raised in a natural way, meaning the animals are not bred in crowded feed lots or given grain-based diets.
The animals are raised with natural diets, and are treated humanely. I strongly believe that if we are going to spend more money on our health, it should start with the food that we buy, and prioritizing the healthiest protein sources is the biggest nutritional bang for our dollars!
Thin Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
If you use thin pork chops, be sure to watch them carefully and use a meat thermometer. Thin pork chops will dry out more easily.
This Thermo Pro Meat Thermometer is inexpensive, and works on dishes in the oven, the air fryer, and on the grill.
Bone-In Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
If you’d like to cook bone-in pork chops, you can follow this recipe, but be sure to plan a little extra time for marinating! This step is important. Use a meat thermometer to ensure cooking to a safe temperature (135º F for pork), without overcooking and drying out the pork.
How to Cook Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
Step 1: Combine your marinade ingredients in a storage container with a lid (large enough for your pork chops). Mix your marinade well.
Step 2: Add the pork chops to the marinade, turning them over to evenly coat them, including the sides of the pork chops. Marinade the pork chops for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight. The longer, the better, but an hour is sufficient if that’s all the time you have!
If you have thin pork chops (less than 1 inch thick), they will need less time to marinate.
Step 3: Preheat the air fryer to 400º F for about 5 minutes. Preheating the air fryer meats you have no need to use a cooking spray. Add the marinated pork chops directly to the hot pan in air fryer.
Step 4: Air Fry the pork chops for about 12 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 130º F is reached. Remove the pork chops from the air fryer, and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
Thin pork chops will only need 6-8 minutes to cook.
How do you Know if you Pork Chops are Done Frying?
The recommended internal cooking temperature for pork is 145º F.
Meat continues to cook after it’s done cooking in the oven or air fryer, so to prevent the pork chops from drying out, stop the cooking process before it hits this temperature.
If you stop the cooking process at 135º F, and then allow the pork to rest with a piece of foil covering it, it will continue to rise and be perfectly cooked.
Use a meat thermometer until you get the hang of how long to cook your pork chops.
Are Air Fryers a Scam?
Absolutely not! It’s one of the kitchen appliances I use most often and recommend to busy people who want to eat healthier. They can be used to perfectly roast vegetables, like Brussels sprouts, or meats, like these turkey meatballs.
I use the Ninja 4 qt. Air Fryer and love it.
Choose a larger air fryer if cooking for 4 or more people.
How to Serve Marinated Air Fried Pork Chops
These pork chops come out with a beautiful, sweet and tangy glaze, and are perfect with a variety of side dishes!
I recommend trying:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Mashed Potatoes or Cauliflower Rice
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Mexican Caesar Salad
- Parmesan Cheese Smashed Potatoes
How do I Store Leftover Pork Chops?
Store leftover pork chops in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Chop up leftover pork chops to use in fried rice or stir fries, or pop them back into the air fryer at 400º F for 5 minutes to reheat.
Other Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 3 boneless pork chops (*see notes for bone-in pork chops or thin pork chops), about 6 ounces each
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped, optional, or to garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon honey raw honey recommended
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients, except pork chops, to a marinating container with a lid (or something you can cover with plastic wrap). Mix to combine well.
- Add in each pork chop, covering them, including the sides of the pork chops, with the marinade. Marinate for 1 hour up to overnight, flipping the pork chops over half way though marinating time.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400º F for 5 minutes.
- Add pork chops to hot air fryer, and air fry for 10-12 minutes, using a meat thermometer to stop cooking when they reach 135º – 140º F.
- Allow pork chops to rest for 5 minutes. Place them on a plate and wrap them in foil to rest, if desired. The pork chops will come to the recommended 145º F during the resting time, and will help the pork chops stay juicy and tender!