Crispy brown, lightly fried low carb cauliflower fritters make a great breakfast! This easy method produces fritters that crisp up perfectly. Flourless and keto cauliflower patties.
Low Carb Cauliflower Fritters Recipe
If you’re looking to change up your low carb breakfast routine, these healthy cauliflower fritters are just the ticket!
These have become a favorite breakfast item for me. They are low carb, easy to make, and have a great boost of protein from the egg and almond flour.
You can add additional protein and fat to these with a few simple twists — sometimes I add shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon would be great in these too!
Once you have made the cauliflower rice, mix it with:
- Low carb, gluten free almond flour (I do not recommend subbing coconut flour, but you can sub wheat flour if these don’t need to be gluten free or low carb)
- Fresh chopped parsley (or use other herbs, like cilantro or basil)
- Salt and Pepper
Super simple, basic canvas for the perfect crispy cauliflower fritters.
Finish these keto cauliflower patties by:
- Heating a skillet over medium high heat.
- Form the cauliflower batter into patties, and add around the preheated skillet.
- Allow to come to a golden brown, about 5-7 minutes, and then flip to crisp up the other side.
Make these Cauliflower Fritters Keto
If you’re following a keto diet, and would like these cauliflower fritters to be higher in fat, add extra oil for frying. These fritters turn a deep golden brown using only a small amount, but you could crisp them up more by adding additional oil.
Other great keto additions:
- Try adding shredded cheese to the mixture, like parmesan or cheddar.
- Add crispy precooked bacon.
- Serve with my creamy Avocado Sauce or just top with avocado slices.
How to Serve Healthy Cauliflower Cakes
Breakfast just got better! Low carb, and lower in calories than hash browns, they make the perfect base to make a beautiful breakfast.
Enjoy them simply by serving them with chopped tomatoes and sour cream. I personally love ketchup on them, just like I was eating hash browns.
You can top a stack of these with eggs, or use sausage, like I did in these cauliflower fritter sausage stacks.
However you choose to dress them up, I am sure they will become a new favorite in your house!
Save time by buying prechopped cauliflower rice, available at most grocery stores and Costco now.
- 1 cauliflower large (or 6 cups riced cauliflower)
- 2/3 cup almond flour blanched
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Rice cauliflower in a food processor until coarsely chopped, slightly larger than typical cauliflower rice. Using store bought riced cauliflower will work also.
- Add the cauliflower, almond flour, parsley, egg, salt and pepper to a bowl, and mix well to combine.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of avocado oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 large mounds of the cauliflower mixture.
- Cover the skillet to allow the cauliflower fritters to solidify so they are easier to flip. Brown the cauliflower for about 5-7 minutes before flipping.
- Allow the second size to cook to golden brown, then serve hot.
Other Low Carb Cauliflower Recipes:
- Cauliflower Mexi Rice, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken with Cauliflower Cous Cous, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Crockpot Moroccan Chicken, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Low Carb Cauliflower Soup, by Blissfully Low Carb
This Cauliflower Fritters post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!