Delicious Chocolate Baked Oats, with zucchini and chocolate chips! Serve this hot with a drizzle of nut butter and your favorite milk for a decadent yet healthy breakfast.
Baked oatmeal is great for crowds or meal prep! Try this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal, or this fun Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal recipe.
*This post is sponsored by SunButter, a sunflower seed spread perfect for allergy-safe baking and cooking! Thanks for supporting the brands that keep Sunkissed Kitchen running.
A Perfect Healthy Baked Oatmeal!
Breakfast is always better with chocolate chips. This double chocolate baked oats is twice the fun!
It’s the perfect way to start your day. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, and minerals like zinc, magnesium and iron. Make the most of this superfood by preparing a healthy dish yourself. Raw cacao powder and dark chocolate chips minimize the sugar and maximize the benefits!
This healthy recipe uses sprouted oats, but also zucchini, egg, and SunButter sunflower seed butter for added fiber, protein, and healthy fats. It’s like having chocolate cake for breakfast, except better because it will keep you full for hours!
We love it drizzled with extra SunButter (I can’t resist the combo of SunButter + dark chocolate!) and a splash of almond milk. Be sure to serve it hot from the oven, so the chocolate is melty!
SunButter is great for baking. Use it wherever you would normally use peanut butter for a healthier treat that still has protein and healthy fats! It’s safe for allergy sufferers and school-friendly, too!
Hop on over to SunButter’s website to see where you can buy it near you!
What You’ll Need
- Rolled Oats (skip the instant oats! I buy sprouted oats for the best nutrition.)
- Egg (or a flax egg for a vegan version!)
- Cacao Powder (or natural cocoa powder)
- Maple Syrup (use monk fruit sweetener for a sugar free option!)
- SunButter No Sugar Added or Organic
- Coconut Milk or Almond Milk (or milk of choice!)
- Sea Salt & Baking Powder
- Dark Chocolate Chips, or 88% dark chocolate bar, chopped
How to Make Chocolate Chip Baked Oats
Step 1: Into a bowl, add SunButter, Maple Syrup, vanilla and egg. Whisk to combine.
Step 2: Add milk of choice, cacao powder, sea salt and baking powder, and mix together.
Step 3: Into the bowl, add in finely shredded zucchini and whole oats. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Add the chocolate oat mixture into a baking dish, and top with dark chocolate chips.
Step 5: Bake the oatmeal for 35 minutes, until the center is set.
Step 6: Serve oatmeal hot with milk and a drizzle of SunButter!
Customize Your Chocolate Oatmeal!
No Zucchini? Use 1 mashed banana in place of the zucchini for a chocolate banana baked oatmeal. You can also just increase the milk to 2 cups and omit the zucchini.
Make this Gluten Free: This recipe is gluten free as written! Just be sure to use certified gluten free oats if necessary!
Make Vegan Chocolate Oats: Use 1 tablespoon of flax meal + 3 tablespoons of water in place of the egg. Combine the two and allow them to sit and gel for 5 minutes, then add with the mixture in place of egg.
Keep this Sugar Free: Use 2/3 cup monk fruit sweetener in place of the maple syrup. Minimize sugar by chopping up an 85% dark chocolate bar, or use monk fruit sweetened chocolate chips instead.
Other Healthy Chocolate Breakfast Ideas
If you make this recipe, be sure to share it with me! Find me on Facebook or Instagram and be sure to tag #SunkissedKitchen @SunkissedKitch
Chocolate Zucchini Baked Oats
- 1/4 cup SunButter organic or no sugar added
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or 2/3 cup monk fruit sweetener for sugar free option
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups oats gluten free, if necessary
- 2 cups zucchini finely shredded
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add SunButter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Into the same bowl, add coconut milk, cacao powder, sea salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the oats and zucchini, and stir until fully mixed.
- Pour oat mixture into a 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the center of the baked oats is set.
- Garnish with additional SunButter, fruit, and milk of choice.
Leave a Reply