These Mini Pumpkin Pies with Caramelized Pecans are the perfect fall dessert! Mini almond flour pie crusts are baked, and then filled with a creamy no bake pumpkin mousse, and topped with caramelized pecans. A great size for serving after a large holiday meal!
*Today I’m partnering with Sharp Home USA ~ Sharp creates quality home appliances that make life easier! I’ve been using the Superheated Steam Countertop Oven for the past few months, and can’t wait to share how it makes cooking healthy meals easier. Thanks for supporting me and the brands I work with. I only share this space with the very best.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Pies
These mini pumpkin pies are the perfect ending to a large holiday meal!
Or the perfect snack any day of the week.
Mini Pumpkin Mousse Pies are the perfect dessert because:
- The creamy pumpkin filling is a cross between cheesecake and a fluffy mousse — and is made with just 4 ingredients!
- The soft and buttery crusts are an easy to make almond flour pie crust.
- A crunchy caramelized pecan topping makes the perfect garnish.
- Cuteness overload! Small, perfectly shaped mini pies will capture your guests’ attention!
To make the adorable mini pie crusts, you’ll need:
- A 3 inch flower shaped cookie cutter
- A mini muffin pan (I like this silicone mini muffin pan)
After making a batch of this perfect almond flour pie crust, roll it out on parchment paper, and then freeze the thin layer of pie dough.
Cut out flower shapes, and add them to your mini muffin pan. They will still be frozen and still, so allow them to come to room temperature before attempting to press them down into the holes.
Bake the mini crusts, and then pop out of the mini muffin tin. Then you’re ready for the fun part!
The BEST Creamy Pumpkin Mousse Filling – Only 4 Ingredients!
Almond flour pie crust browns (and burns!) much more quickly than a traditional wheat crust, so I opted for a no-bake pumpkin mousse filling, rather than trying to bake the crusts long enough to cook a pumpkin custard.
It’s so easy to prepare this easy pumpkin mousse.
Easy 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Mousse:
- Canned Pumpkin
- Cream Cheese
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- White Chocolate Chips (or a white chocolate bar)
Process all the ingredients together and mix until light and fluffy. Then, pipe the chilled mixture into the pie crusts.
You could stop there (and your guests would still gobble these up!), but if you can add a crunchy caramelized pecan topping, why not?
These easy caramelized pecans are made in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven. It takes 10 minutes to melt the sugar, toast the pecans, and take these mini pumpkin mousse pies over the top!
Gluten Free Mini Pumpkin Pies
I love my Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven for holiday baking. I use it year-round, but during the holidays, oven space is always limited.
Having a second oven means hot appetizers and freshly baked desserts.
This small countertop oven is a great addition to any kitchen. It means when you’re planning the menu, you don’t have to choose between baking a turkey or baking your side dishes. The oven bakes faster than a conventional oven, and is roomy inside, so it’s perfect for reheating or baking dishes as you’re getting ready to gather around the table.
During the holidays, there are always a lot of things going on. People stopping by, phone calls, and lots of cooking. I definitely burn my fair share of recipes.
The Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven heats up instantly (no preheating!), bakes 30% faster than a conventional oven, and then cools off fairly quickly.
I often have left dishes in the oven after the baking time finished, and I don’t have to worry about the dish being ruined. In fact, I left a batch of these mini pie crusts in the oven for a couple of hours, and they were perfectly baked when I remembered to take them out and fill them.
I like to use a piping bag to fill these crusts, but you could easily just spoon some of the pumpkin filling in. The pecan topping is so pretty and will cover a lot of the shape anyway!
If you make these mini pumpkin pies, be sure to share with us! Tag @SharpHomeUSA and @SunkissedKitch , and use the hashtag #SimplyBetterLiving !
Other Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie Bowl, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake, by Sunkissed Kitchen
If you’d like a standard Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie recipe, head on over to this recipe!
I’d love to connect with you on social media! Find me on Facebook or Instagram where I post daily healthy eating and lifestyle inspiration.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 1 Almond Flour Pie Crust unbaked dough
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or 1 100g bar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare almond flour pie crust, and roll out in parchment paper into a thin layer (about 1/16 inch thick). Try to get the crust as evenly rolled as possible, so the mini crusts bake evenly.
- Freeze pie crust for at least 30 minutes, until very stiff.
- Use a 3 inch flower cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the pie crust. Add a flower to the holes of a mini muffin baking tray. Lay the frozen pie crust shapes over the holes, and allow to warm up before trying to gently press the edges down into the muffin tin. I find they tear if you press down on the center, but go in easily if the edges are pressed towards the center.
- Bake the mini pie crusts in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven on Bake/Reheat at 325º F for 13 minutes.
- If using a conventional oven, preheat oven to 325º F, and then bake pie crusts for 17-19 minutes, or until crusts have just begun to brown.
- Add pumpkin mousse to a piping bag with a large tip, and pipe into the mini pie crusts. Top with candied pecans.
- Melt white chocolate by adding white chocolate chips to a small dish, and microwaving 20-30 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Be careful not to burn - white chocolate burns easily.
- In a food processor, add pumpkin, cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice. Process until fully mixed, and then drizzle in melted white chocolate and quickly process again so it incorporates into the mixture.
- Refrigerate pumpkin mousse until ready to use.
- Melt butter.
- Add pecans to a baking tray, and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle coconut sugar on the top. Toss to coat, or use fingers to scrape as much coconut sugar onto the pecans as possible.
- Add to the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop oven and Bake/Reheat at 325º F for 10- minutes.
- If using a conventional oven, preheat to 325º F, and bake pecans for 14 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
Danielle Wolter says
These are so cute! What a perfect idea for a bite sized dessert. I am so excited for pumpkin season!!
Kelly Anthony says
These mini pumpkin pies are absolutely the most precious little treat I have ever seen. I love your idea of using a flower cookie cutter for the crust.
Mini pumpkin pies…absolutely adorable! You’ve made the recipe so approachable too! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Oh my goodness! I love these! Adding this to my Thanksgiving dessert list. They will look (and taste) gorgeous!
I want to make this!! Do you think by omitting the cream cheese…and changing the food processor to a beater to whipping the pumpkin will still make it “mousse” like?
Do you need to make it dairy free? You could always try a dairy free cream cheese or a thick greek yogurt. I feel like it needs something to add some creaminess or richness to it. The melted white chocolate definitely helps give it the airy mousse quality, but there needs to something besides pumpkin and it! Let me know what you try!