This Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie Bowl packs all the fall spice in one creamy, dreamy breakfast bowl. This healthy version boasts real pumpkin, high protein greek yogurt, and contains no added sugar!
A Healthy Fall Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
I love mixing vegetables in my smoothies. Anytime you get a serving of veggies in at breakfast is a win, right? If you really want to amp up the veggie servings, add a few handfuls of spinach. It will change the color, but not the flavor of this at all!
We love lots of toppings on our smoothie bowls — without them, what’s the point?!
My picky toddler loves these smoothie bowls. I make them extra thick, so it’s similar to a soft serve ice cream consistency. A little whipped cream and some chocolate chips, and your kids are THRILLED to be eating vegetables for breakfast.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothies
This festive fall breakfast is based off the ever-popular Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.
To keep these bowls extra thick, I take leftover strong coffee (I love using cold brew) and freeze it in an ice cube tray. If you use instant coffee or pick up some Starbucks Via, you can skip this step and use just a serving of coffee plus ice cubes to keep things frosty.
You’ll also need:
- Banana: cut into chunks and frozen (I keep these stocked in my freezer all the time!)
- Pumpkin Puree: homemade or canned is fine!
- Plain Yogurt: Use coconut yogurt for vegan or paleo. I love the tang it adds to smoothies.
- Coconut Milk: This adds a wonderful creamy richness. You can cut calories by opting for almond instead.
- Spices: I keep it simple by using cinnamon, ginger and fresh nutmeg – use pumpkin pie spice if you have it!
My Vitamix is the perfect tool for making super thick soft-serve consistency smoothies (because who doesn’t want to eat ice cream for breakfast? :).
Throw everything in there, and then pulse until you get things going, and blend until it starts to “fluff” up a little.
I always put my liquid in first, and everything frozen on top, and then tamper down to get everything blended smooth.
Pro Tip: Have your toppings ready to you can top and enjoy while it’s still super frosty!
Tips for Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie Bowl
- I like my smoothie bowls really thick! I hate it when they melt. To make these really thick, I used my Vitamix. If you don’t have a high speed blender, you will most likely need to add 1/4 cup almond milk or water.
- In place of the medjool date, feel free to substitute a liquid sweetener, like honey or maple syrup, to taste.
- Make these Vegan: Substitute vegan yogurt, like So Delicious brand.
- Increase the Protein: I often add 1/2 scoop of my favorite whey protein for more staying power!
- For the Family: Sub plain ice cubes in place of the coffee cubes for a kid-friendly bowl.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie Bowl
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 bananas quartered and frozen
- 6 cold brew frozen cubes frozen strong coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- fresh ground nutmeg
- Make sure you have a peeled, quartered, frozen banana in the freezer. I always have them handy, frozen in quarters, for easy smoothie making.
- Prepare cold brew coffee ice cubes by pouring strong coffee into an ice cube tray. You can also freeze any strong coffee in cubes. If you prefer, use 3 ice cubes and 1 teaspoon of instant coffee- I have done this and it works great!
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk and yogurt, and the Medjool date to a blender. Blend until the date is pureed. I use a Vitamix, which is helpful in making smoothie bowls extra thick, almost like soft serve ice cream. If you aren't using a high speed blender, it might be necessary to add 1/4 cup almond milk (I tested this in my standard blender), but the result will be less thick.
- Add the rest of the smoothie ingredients, and blend, using the tamper stick if necessary, until the ingredients are extra smooth.
- Add to a bowl, and top with pecans, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, or any other desired toppings. Chocolate covered espresso beans would be really great!
More Fun Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes, by Wilton (How adorable are these?!)
- Healthy No Bake Pumpkin Spice Latte Bites, by Big Man’s World (fast, delicious and energizing!)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats, by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn, by Crazy for Crust (how creative!)
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small percentage of any purchases made.