Hold on to summer a little longer with this delicious and easy Peach Crisp recipe. Made with oats, the crumbly topping is like a crunchy oatmeal cookie on top of fresh peaches. Lightly sweetened with maple syrup, this makes the perfect healthy dessert to serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
This post is sponsored by SunButter, makers of my favorite nut/seed butter! Thanks for supporting the brands that help keep Sunkissed Kitchen up and running!
A Delicious Summer Peach Dessert
This easy to make Peach Crisp is the perfect summer dessert! Slice up some ripe peaches, and top with an oatmeal cookie-like crumble topping, and bake until it’s juicy, saucy perfection. Bonus points if you serve it with vanilla frozen yogurt, ice cream, or a coconut sorbet!
You’ll ADORE this dessert because:
- It’s mostly fruit – bonus points on dessert counting towards one of your 5-a-Day!
- This healthy peach crisp recipe uses just a few tablespoons of maple syrup to sweeten it – letting the sweet peaches really shine through!
- Three cheers for desserts that double as breakfast — top this with a scoop of plain Greek yogurt and it has less sugar and more nutrients than breakfast cereals.
- Cookie fans will LOVE the thick, crumble topping — made with a base of SunButter for a healthy, nutty flavor, and oats and coconut.
Ingredients & Prep for Making A Gluten Free Peach Crisp
Preparation Note: This recipe is baked twice — to keep the cookie topping perfect, I first bake the peaches for 40 minutes. While those are turning into a sweet, saucy magic, prep the topping. Once you add the topping, pop it back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
Make this Ahead: If you’re serving this to guests and would like to serve it hot, you can pre-bake the peaches, add the topping, and then refrigerate it covered until you’re ready to serve it. Simply bake it for 25 minutes before serving.
For the Peaches, you’ll need:
- 3 pounds of peaches (about 9 large peaches)
- Lemon juice
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla (optional)
- Arrowroot Starch
For the Cookie Oatmeal Crumble Topping:
- SunButter, No Sugar Added
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Oil
- Flax Seed Meal
- Sea Salt
- Oats (+ oat flour made by grinding whole oats in the blender) – use certified gluten free, if necessary!
I adore making desserts with SunButter! It makes a great healthy base for cookie recipes, giving them a slight nutty flavor, keeping them nut-free and nutrient packed.
I use SunButter No Sugar Added for cookies, muffins, smoothies, and for sauces and dressings. It’s pure magic.
Hop on over to the SunButter website to learn more about their products and where you can find them near where you live!
How to Make a Healthy Peach Crisp
Step 1: Slice peaches in thin slices, and put in a 9″x9″ baking dish.
Step 2: Sprinkle the peach slices with maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and arrowroot powder, then gently mix to coat peaches. Bake the peaches covered with foil for 40 minutes.
Step 3: While the peaches are baking, into a mixing bowl add maple syrup, SunButter no sugar added, coconut oil, egg, flax seed meal (optional), and salt. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Into the wet ingredients, add oat flour, oatmeal, and coconut. Stir to combine.
Step 5: Crumble the oatmeal cookie topping over the baked peaches in an even layer.
Step 6: Bake the Gluten Free Peach Crisp uncovered for 20 minutes. Serve the Peach Crisp hot if possible, with ice cream or whipped cream.
All your Healthy Dessert Questions Answered
How to reheat peach crisp: Heat oven to 350º F, and add the peach crisp back into the oven (in baking dish) for 25 minutes, or until bubbling, being careful not to burn the topping.
Can I freeze peach crisp?: Yes! Freeze the baked crisp, and allow it to thaw prior to heating it up. Follow the instructions above for reheating a peach crisp.
Can I make a paleo / grain free peach crisp?: Yes! Omit the oatmeal and oat flour, and sub in 1 cup of almond flour + 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (like pecans) to keep this grain free. Reduce baking time to 16 minutes after adding the topping to prevent the nuts from burning.
Is Peach Crisp Vegan?: Yes, it is vegan as written. Serve it with a coconut milk frozen dessert!
- 3 pounds peaches ripe, sliced thinly (leave skins on!)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or sub honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Slice peaches in thin slices, and put in a 9″x9″ baking dish.
- Sprinkle the peach slices with maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and arrowroot powder, then gently mix to coat peaches.
- Cover baking dish with foil, and bake peaches for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the baked peaches with the crisp topping, and return the baking dish to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or other frozen dessert!
- Into a mixing bowl add maple syrup, SunButter no sugar added, coconut oil, egg, flax seed meal (optional), and salt. Stir to combine.
- Into the wet ingredients, add oat flour, oatmeal, and coconut. Stir to combine.