A delicious Peach Cobbler recipe made with a sweet and buttery almond flour topping. Perfect for when summer peaches are getting over ripe! Enjoy this vegan peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream, coconut sorbet, or even with yogurt for breakfast.
*Today I’m partnering with Sharp Home USA ~ Sharp creates quality home appliances that make life easier! I’ve been using the Superheated Steam Countertop Oven for the past year, and love to share how it makes cooking healthy meals easier. Thanks for supporting me and the brands I work with. I only share this space with the very best.
Gluten Free & Vegan Peach Cobbler
Would it surprise you to know I have never made a cobbler before? I always *thought* I was more of a crisp person, but this easy recipe definitely has changed my mind.
Regardless of whether you are gluten free or not, vegan or not, prefer Paleo recipes, or regular, old-fashioned “grandma’s recipes,”, this peach cobbler is for you.
You love this recipe because:
- It’s easy-peasy. Add peaches to the baking dish with a few ingredients, and mix together a handful of ingredients in a bowl to make a crumbly biscuit-like topping.
- The almond flour topping has a subtle nutty, wonderfully sweet flavor and creates the BEST melt-in-your-mouth biscuits.
- The whole thing, start to finish, is ready in 35 minutes (using the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven!).
- It’s a great dessert, but doubles as BREAKFAST! You heard me. I’ve cut the typical 1 1/2 cups of sugar in a peach cobbler down to 6 tablespoons. And I promise – you won’t miss it!
If your peaches aren’t ripe, you won’t end up with the syrupy base that makes this so incredible.
Peach cobbler is meant to have a rustic look. I tried rolling up the batter into biscuit shapes and distributing it around the tops of the peaches, but it ended up looking too formal. Summery desserts deserve a slightly messy, “I’m too busy enjoying LIFE”, kind of look.
So once you’ve dropped your almond flour biscuit dough around the top, go ahead and get in there with a spatula and mess it up a little.
The Perfect Paleo Peach Cobbler Recipe
Summer desserts should:
- Let the sweetness of the fruit shine through. Oh, summer peaches <3
- Go together in 10 minutes or less.
- Be easy enough to make before dinner and serve after (this bakes in less than 30 minutes in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven!).
This Paleo & Vegan Peach Cobbler ticks off all of those requirements.
As much as I love cooking healthy dishes, you won’t see me in my kitchen meticulously weaving a lattice pie crust. Especially in the summer when half of my day is spent outside chasing my toddler through the sprinklers or running him to his various toddler activity classes.
That’s one of the reasons I am so in love with my Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven.
It works just like a regular oven, only better. There aren’t very many dishes that I opt to cook in my full sized oven over this handy countertop oven.
Some perks of using this oven in the summer:
- It doesn’t require preheating — meaning less time in the kitchen!
- Dishes like this delicious peach cobbler bake in a fraction of the time — this takes 45 minutes in a standard oven, but 28 minutes in my countertop oven.
- While the food inside is browned and seared and perfectly baked, broiled, or grilled, my kitchen stays cool. When I first received it last summer, I was instantly hooked on its value knowing that while temps were soaring outside, I could still bake dinner inside without fear of making everyone miserable.
Summery Dessert or a Summery Breakfast!
You know you’ve found dessert nirvana when eating the leftovers for breakfast the next day feels a-okay.
We’ve enjoyed this cobbler all summer topped with scoops of vanilla bean frozen yogurt.
Keep this vegan by serving it with a vanilla coconut or cashew based ice cream. I am pretty sure there are some solid paleo options as well!
And — most importantly, this makes a STELLAR breakfast topped with a spoonful of Greek yogurt.
However you top it, I am sure you’ll love it as much as we do!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag @SunkissedKitch and @SharpHomeUSA on social media, using #SharpHome and #SimplyBetterLiving.
- Thinly slice peaches and add to a 9x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, arrowroot, coconut sugar and cinnamon over peaches, and gently toss to evenly coat.
- In a mixing bowl, add almond milk, coconut oil, honey (or date syrup), vanilla, sea salt and baking soda. Stir until mixed well.
- Add the almond flour and arrowroot, and then stir until a thick cookie-dough like batter is formed.
- Spoon the mixture over the peaches in 3 rows by 3 columns, and then use a spatula to spread the batter to cover the peaches in a rustic but somewhat even covering.
- Cover the baking dish is foil. This is important because almond flour browns/burns more quickly than regular flour.
- Bake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven on Bake/Reheat at 400º F for 20 minutes. Remove foil, and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes to brown.
- If baking in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 400º F. Bake the foil covered dish for 30 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the peach mixture is bubbling and the topping is evenly browned.
Other Summer Peach Recipes:
- Midsummer Dream Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Serrano Honey Grilled Peaches, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Grilled Peach and Pesto Pasta, by Sunkissed Kitchen
This paleo peach cobbler post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!