A delicious Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwich – a great gluten free option! Homemade sweet potato waffles are layered with avocado, sausage, and eggs, for the perfect breakfast indulgence!
This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm — a company committed to bringing high quality breakfast meat options. I love that this company has healthier options, such as sugar free and nitrate free bacon, and turkey and chicken options. I only work with brands whose products I genuinely love. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Sunkissed Kitchen running!
- 1 Healthy Sweet Potato Waffle Sandwiches
- 2 How to Make Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
- 3 Sweet Potato Waffles
- 4 Other Sweet Potato Breakfasts:
Healthy Sweet Potato Waffle Sandwiches
Breakfast sandwiches are a pretty great idea. All the best breakfast ingredients — eggs, sausage, avocado, wrapped up in a delicious package.
I decided it was time to turn my fav sweet potatoes into something I could use to “sandwich” everything together.
And sweet potato waffles were born!
You’ll love these Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwiches because:
- The waffles are made from grated sweet potato and a few other ingredients, meaning they are a quick option for early mornings.
- They are totally customizable — make your eggs whatever way you enjoy, or skip the eggs entirely.
- Jones Dairy Farm Golden Brown All Natural Pork Sausage – so much flavor in a convenient, fully cooked package! These are a great time-saver for adding protein to breakfast.
How to Make Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
The first step to putting together these fun breakfast sandwiches is to make your waffles.
I have a step by step guide over here on how to make the waffles.
It’s simple. Just combine eggs, coconut flour, avocado oil, arrowroot, salt and pepper in a bowl, and whisk it together. Then add your shredded sweet potato. I don’t peel the sweet potatoes — leave the extra fiber in there — you really can’t see it!
Then, add the sweet potato waffle batter to your waffle iron, and allow to cook for about 6 minutes, until the outsides start to get crispy and the insides are sweet and soft.
While the waffles are cooking, prepare your sandwich fillings!
I love to have fried eggs on my breakfast sandwiches, but if you’re feeding a crowd, try making a pan of scrambled eggs.
The best part? Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Pork Sausage Links. These links are fully cooked, making them so easy to add to breakfast.
I’ve used Jones Dairy Farm Products in my home for a while. I love that when I see their label, I know I am getting quality products.
Jones Dairy Farm Guarantees:
- All Jones Dairy Farm products are Certified Gluten Free – every Jones Dairy Farm product is Certified Gluten Free, and many of their products are Certified Paleo.
- Simple, clean ingredients — their products are allergen free (from the top 8 allergens) and use no fillers or binders. Spices and meat, that’s it.
- You can swap the pork links in this recipe for Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, or Hickory Smoked Canadian Bacon. They also have a range of all natural chicken and turkey sausages to try!
More Topping Ideas for Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwiches
- Avocado (always?)
- Cheese, if you include dairy in your diet!
Can I make these breakfast sandwiches with regular waffles?
Use whatever waffles you enjoy to build these breakfast sandwiches! I have a gluten free oatmeal waffle recipe that would make a delicious sandwich.
Can I make these sweet potato waffles without egg?
I have not tried an egg substitute for these waffles. Be on the watch for a vegan version if you need something that is egg free – it is on my list!
Can I use sweet potato puree in this recipe instead of raw sweet potato?
My first attempts at this recipe used sweet potato puree, and what I found is that they made a very soft, easily crumbled waffle. I wanted something more sturdy so it would hold up to all the breakfast sandwich fillings!
Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 recipe sweet potato waffles
Breakfast Sandwich Fillings
- Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Pork Sausage Links
- eggs prepared any way
- Cook eggs to preference.
- Add breakfast sausage to skillet, and cook over medium heat until golden brown.
- Slice the vegetables, and layer the on top of 1 sweet potato waffle. Top with the sausage and egg.
- Add the 2nd sweet potato waffle on top to form a sandwich.