This Bloody Maria recipe is for the tequila lovers out there! Make your perfect cocktail by customizing the spice and adding your favorite garnishes.
- 1 The Perfect Bloody Maria Cocktail
- 2 Bloody Maria vs. Bloody Mary
- 3 What is the Best Tequila for a Bloody Maria?
- 4 How to Make a Bloody Maria Drink
- 5 The Best Garnishes for a Tomato Juice Cocktail
- 6 Bloody Maria Cocktail
The Perfect Bloody Maria Cocktail
Tomato juice cocktails are perfect for weekend brunches or summer afternoons. A blend of tomato juice, spices, and your favorite tequila, garnished with additions that add flavor and make a fun snack.
Many people drink Bloody Marys or Bloody Marias the morning after a night of drinking. A little alcohol, along with. nutrients and lots of hydrating juice, can work a little magic.
Whenever you choose to enjoy this delicious cocktail, here are some ideas for making it perfect.
Bloody Maria Drink Ingredients:
- Silver tequila
- Tomato juice or a vegetable juice cocktail
- Lime juice or lemon juice
- Hot sauce (I like Cholula, but Tobasco Sauce works also)
- Black pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Celery Salt or Kosher Salt for the rim
- Optional: garlic powder, a Bloody Mary spice mix, cayenne pepper
Bloody Maria vs. Bloody Mary
A Bloody Maria is made of the same ingredients as a Bloody Mary, except the Mary’s vodka is swapped for tequila in a Bloody Maria.
You can use your favorite Bloody Mary ingredients or spice blend to make a Bloody Maria, or you can mix it up like I do, and add cilantro, swap the lemon juice for lime, and use a Mexican hot sauce. The best part of making cocktails at home is making them perfect for your taste!
What is the Best Tequila for a Bloody Maria?
The lighter flavor of silver tequilas are best for the bold flavors of a Bloody Maria.
My favorite low cost tequila for mixed drinks is Jose Cuervo Traditional. You can’t beat the price for the clean taste!
Also try: Herradura Silver or Corazon Silver.
If you love tequila, you’ll love this Scratch Margarita recipe, made with just fruit juice and tequila!
How to Make a Bloody Maria Drink
Step 1: Into a cocktail shaker, squeeze a lime, and add a handful of cilantro leaves. Also add tequila and a small scoop of ice. Use a muddler to crush the lime and cilantro leaves to infuse the tequila.
Step 2: Add your tomato juice and seasonings. You can just use a Bloody Mary spice mix, or opt for your own blend. I just use black pepper and hot sauce. Worcestershire sauce, Tobasco sauce, celery salt or garlic salt are all popular additions. I like to keep mine simple with a little spice. Shake up the cocktail to infuse the flavors and get it nice and cold.
Step 3: Wipe the edge of a glass with a lime, and then roll it in some kosher salt or cocktail salt. Fill the glass with ice. Pour the Bloody Maria over the glass with ice.
Step 4: The fun part! Add your favorite garnishes. For this cocktail, I’ve added olives, jalapeno slices, celery, and a lime wedge.
The Best Garnishes for a Tomato Juice Cocktail
- A Salted rim: I used a smoked salt for the cocktail in these photos! Kosher salt is great for rimming cocktails.
- Olives: Try something fun, like jalapeno stuffed olives.
- Lime wedges
- Jalapeno slices
- Pickled Asparagus, onions, or green beans
Love Making Cocktails at home? Try:
If you make this recipe, be sure to share it with me! Find me on Facebook or Instagram and be sure to tag #SunkissedKitchen @SunkissedKitch
Bloody Maria Cocktail
- 1 ounce silver tequila
- 1 lime wedge
- cilantro to taste (a small handful)
- 1 cup tomato juice or vegetable juice cocktail
- hot sauce Cholula or Tobasco sauce
- black pepper to taste
- celery salt
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- celery stalks
- lime wedges
- jalapeno slices
- mini bell peppers
- Into a cocktail shaker, squeeze a lime wedge. Throw the lime wedge into the shaker tin, along with a handful of cilantro, the tequila, and some ice. Use a muddler to crush up the lime and cilantro.
- Add tomato juice or vegetable juice cocktail, and desired seasonings. Shake up the cocktail to make it extra cool.
- Use a lime to wet the edge of a glass, and roll it in kosher salt or cocktail salt. Fill the glass with ice, and pour the cocktail over the top.
- Add desired garnishes and enjoy!
Leave a Reply