Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, with a swirl of raspberry jam and SunButter. These summery vegan ice cream sandwiches are a great dessert or snack! Keep them vegan with coconut ice cream, or use vanilla frozen yogurt.
This post is sponsored by SunButter— makers of my favorite Sunflower Seed Butter. As a peanut allergy sufferer, I value companies like SunButter who create healthy products that are not only delicious, but SAFE! Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Sunkissed Kitchen running at full speed.
How to Make Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Summer is one of those times when ordinary rules are thrown out the window. Let the kids stay up late running around outside, leave work early at least once a week, and *just possibly* serve ice cream in place of dinner.
While making these incredible Vegan Oatmeal Cookies last week, all I could think about was smashing a big scoop of ice cream in between two.
And then I was thinking how great my raspberry chia jam would be swirled in to that ice cream.
And if you’re going to add jam, let’s go PB&J style and add a nut butter swirl — my favorite nut/seed butter, SunButter, was what I decided on!
SunButter is great for anyone with nut/peanut allergies, but also just a delicious choice for anyone who loves nut/seed butters like I do! Sunflower seeds are a protein rich source of healthy fats!
I use the SunButter No Sugar Added most of the time, but if you have a sweeter tooth, the SunButter Crunchy is seriously addicting.
It’s so good by the spoonful, delicious spread with some raspberry jam, and to die for when served with chocolate!
The first step to making these delicious cookie sandwiches is to prepare your cookies! Don’t worry – this recipe is easy. My Vegan Oatmeal Cookies are made in 1 bowl.
Ingredients to gather for this recipe:
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (a full batch makes 15 cookies – enough for a LOT of ice cream sandwiches!)
- Raspberry Jam (I LOVE this homemade Raspberry Chia Jam)
- SunButter No Sugar Added
- Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream, or Vanilla Frozen Yogurt for a non-vegan option
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches are Easy to Make!
Making these sandwiches are incredibly easy.
First, scoop some ice cream into a bowl. Use coconut ice cream for a vegan option, vanilla frozen yogurt for a lower fat option, or any ice cream you love! Even a chocolate ice cream would be good in these.
Then, add about a teaspoon of raspberry jam and SunButter.
Mix it up a little, and then scoop it onto the bottom side of a cookie.
Find another cookie about the same size (I measured my cookie dough so they would be uniform in size!), and then SMOOSH it together.
Make Ahead Summer Dessert
These are a great summer dessert for gatherings! Ice cream sandwiches are an unexpected treat your guests will LOVE!
Once you’ve made your sandwiches, place them in air tight containers, or seal them in freezer bags.
You can also make these and serve them immediately, if you have a crowd around!
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 8 Vegan Oatmeal Cookies *a full batch of cookies is 15 cookies
- 2 cups vanilla coconut milk ice cream or other vanilla ice cream or sorbet of choice
- 4 teaspoons SunButter No Sugar Added
- 4 teaspoons raspberry chia jam
- Add 1/2 cup of ice cream to a bowl, and drizzle with 1 teaspoon SunButter and 1 teaspoon raspberry jam.
- Smash the jam and SunButter into the ice cream, and then scoop it on to the bottom of one cookie.
- Use another cookie as the top of the sandwich, and "smash" it down until the ice cream covers the insides of the cookie.
- Store wrapped tight in plastic in the freezer until ready to serve.
Other Summer Dessert Recipes:
- Gluten Free Tres Leches Cake, by Sunkissed Kitchen (gluten free, paleo, non dairy)
- Mexican Chocolate Greek Yogurt Tiramisu, by Sunkissed Kitchen (gluten free)
- Dragon Fruit Sorbet, by Sunkissed Kitchen (vegan, paleo, gluten free)
I’d love to connect with you on social media! Find me on Facebook or Instagram where I post daily healthy eating and lifestyle inspiration.
This Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!
Lauren Vavala | DeliciousLittleBites says
Ice cream cookie sandwiches are my son’s go-to pick from the ice cream truck! If I make these for him, he would be so excited! These look amazing!
That raspberry jam is definitely my jam! Gorgeous recipe…thanks for sharing! 🙂
Ksenia @ At the Immigrant's Table says
These ice cream sandwiches look so decadent, while really they are a health bomb! Love the use of sugarfree sunflower butter – it’s such an under-appreciated one IMO.
I agree! It’s a staple in my kitchen.
I love this combination – so fun! I’ve been wanting to make a special treat to mark the end of summer and this is just the thing!
Oh my goodness! Both my boys will definitely love this if I made it at home. Adding all the ingredients to my grocery list. Can’t wait to make them.
So glad to hear that! We have a few left in the freezer 🙂