A delicious and exotic Dragon Fruit Salad, tossed in a honey mint vinaigrette and topped with macadamia nuts. A show stopping salad with dragon fruit!
- 1 A Healthy Fruit Salad with Dragon Fruit
- 2 A Simple Honey Mint Vinaigrette
- 3 Building a Great Fruit Salad
- 4 Dragon Fruit Salad
- 5 More Salads with Fruit
A Healthy Fruit Salad with Dragon Fruit
Dragon fruit is definitely a curiousity! It’s gorgeous deep pink hue, dotted with black seeds, and it’s spiky exterior definitely scream exotic!
I have a lot of recipes for things to do with dragon fruit — a Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl, a Dragon Fruit Smoothie, Dragon Fruit Sorbet, and a Mango Dragon Fruit Refresher. I thought it was time to celebrate the fruit simply prepared in a fruit salad.
This salad has a combination of stunning tropical fruit, and is tossed in a honey mint dressing and topped with crunchy macadamia nuts. It’s a perfect way to brighten a dreary spring day!
Ingredients for this Fruit Salad with Dragon Fruit
- Red Dragon Fruit
- White Dragon Fruit
- Macadamia Nuts
- Unsweetened Coconut
- Honey Mint Vinaigrette + Fresh Mint Leaves
A Simple Honey Mint Vinaigrette
To give this salad a little more pizazz (because honestly, star fruit and even dragon fruit don’t have a lot in the flavor department), I decided to drizzle this beautiful salad with a simple honey mint vinaigrette.
It’s bright and fresh and takes just a minute to whisk together.
For the Dressing, You’ll Need:
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh Mint
Building a Great Fruit Salad
If some of these ingredients are difficult for you to get, feel free to sub in another fruit that you have on hand.
Some options are:
- Honey Dew
- Fresh Pineapple
Dragon Fruit Salad
- 1 red dragon fruit peeled and cubed
- 1 white dragon fruit peeled and cubed
- 2 kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- 1 starfruit edges trimmed and sliced
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut unsweetened
Honey Mint Dressing
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped finely, + more mint leaves for garnish
- Add all the fruit salad ingredients together in a bowl, right before ready to serve.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Drizzle over the salad.
- Garnish the salad with additional mint leaves, macadamia nuts, and coconut flakes.