Meet your new favorite dinner/meal prep! Enchilada stuffed sweet potatoes, topped with cheese, olives, cilantro, and tomatoes. These healthy stuffed sweet potatoes are one of the best dinners ever served in my house! We fight over the leftovers, so the recipe is for a large batch.
The Perfect Stuffed Sweet Potato
This dinner was a happy accident a few months ago, and it was so good, I had to recreate it.
Something pretty magical happens when you combine a creamy roasted sweet potato with tender chunks of chicken swimming in a healthy, homemade enchilada sauce.
And did I mention how EASY all of this is? The sweet potatoes need a long baking time (but that’s okay, because the chicken is slow cooked!), but the hands-on time is mere minutes. Pop them in the oven, and wait for the magic to happen.
Sweet potatoes are delicious topped in so many ways. Using sweet potatoes as a base is a great way to make a meal healthier. These orange superfoods are packed with nutrients and fiber, and are a great gluten free option to swap for bread or tortillas.
Tender Slow Cooker Enchilada Chicken
There are a million ways to top a sweet potato, but this combination is so good, I had to share it.
It’s comforting, high in protein, perfect for adding your choice of toppings, and a great addition to meal prep. The recipe for the Crockpot Enchilada Chicken uses 2 pounds of chicken, so plan on having leftovers, unless you have a large family to feed!
I make this meal when no one else is home, so the leftovers are packed away in my meal prep boxes before anyone has a chance to steal them from me. They are so good, you might find yourself hoarding them as well. #sweetpotatohoarder
How to Serve Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
I adore Tex Mex inspired meals, because they are perfect for adding ALL THE TOPPINGS. It’s a great way to customize the family’s meals, while making 1 dinner for everyone.
Some Ideas to Customize these Healthy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- Keep them Whole30/Paleo/Dairy Free: Omit with cheese an top with avocado or guacamole.
- Add your favorite toppings: tortilla chips, cilantro, jalapeños, hot sauce, and tomatoes, or even a handful of greens, like spinach or arugula, are great options.
Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare Crockpot Enchilada Chicken, and then top baked sweet potatoes with the mixture.
- Top potatoes with desired toppings, or enjoy with just the chicken and sauce!
Other Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Pizza Crusts, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Salmon Croquettes, by Sunkissed Kitchen
This Enchilada Stuffed Chicken post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!