Parmesan Oven Baked Smashed Potatoes are a great side dish any time of the day! This easy smashed potatoes in oven recipe is taken up a notch by tossing the potatoes in parmesan and parsley for extra flavor!
How to Make Smashed Potatoes
These oven baked smashed potatoes are little bites of perfection.
If you or your family eats a gluten free diet, no doubt potatoes are on a regular rotation. These nutritious little bites are loaded with potassium and fiber, and make a great side dish to add staying power to a family meal.
I love to eat these with a side of scrambled eggs for breakfast. They make a great addition to a brunch, and would be perfect to serve for a special breakfast alongside my Oven Baked Pancake.
Make Smashed Potatoes in 3 Easy Steps:
- Boil potatoes until fork tender.
- Add potatoes to a bowl with seasonings, olive oil, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Lay out on a baking tray, and “smash” about halfway down. Scoop remaining seasoning from bowl and top each potato for extra flavor on top!
These beauties take about 15 minutes to crisp up in the oven — much faster than starting with raw potatoes, so these make a great prep-ahead side dish if you’re planning a breakfast for a crowd.
The Perfect Brunch Potatoes
Smashed potatoes bake up with a crispy coating of parmesan cheese. The cheese is optional, but highly recommended!
I love a fresh sprinkling of parsley over my potatoes.
If you’re looking for more brunch recipes to serve with these potatoes, try:
Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 pound cocktail potatoes (small white potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped finely
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes about 12 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes, and then add them to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, and then sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients, until evenly coated.
- Add the potatoes to the Broiler Tray, and then use the back of a spatula to "smash" each potato. Gently apply pressure to the top of the potatoes until the skins break open, without completely breaking the potato apart. Top potatoes with additional parmesan or seasonings left in the bowl.
- Set the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven to Bake/Reheat at 425º F for 12 minutes.
- If baking in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 425º F and bake for 15-18 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown and crisp.
Other Baked Potato Recipes:
- Whole30 Frittata with Potato Crust, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- The Perfect Baked Sweet Potatoes, by Sunkissed Kitchen
I’d love to connect with you on social media! Find me on Facebook or Instagram where I post daily healthy eating and lifestyle inspiration.
This Oven Baked Smashed Potatoes post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!
Leave a Reply