Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken, filled with all the flavors of the restaurant classic, but with a luxurious non dairy cream sauce. This Whole30 Tuscan Chicken is easy to make, and perfect for a family meal. Serve this Whole30 chicken dish over cauliflower rice or zoodles for a healthy, protein rich dinner.
*Today I’m partnering with Sharp Home USA ~ Sharp creates quality home appliances that make life better! This recipe was developed for the Sharp Induction Cooktop – a luxurious and smart kitchen appliance that’s transformed my kitchen. Thank you for supporting the brands I work with!
How to Make Tuscan Chicken
Once you try this easy chicken recipe, you’ll keep the ingredients on hand! Chicken breasts are browned, and then bathed in a luxurious non dairy cream sauce, punctuated with Italian herbs, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach.
If you or your family members are sensitive to dairy, this version is for you.
I created a Whole30 approved version using almond milk and coconut milk to mimic the rich creaminess of the original. Not a touch of dairy or cheese needed!
If you’re needing a super fast, creamy Instant Pot Chicken Thigh recipe that is still Whole30 approved, check this one out!
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Onions and lots of fresh garlic
- Sun dried tomatoes (use my recipe to make your own, or buy to save time!
- Herbs – oregano, basil, and rosemary. (Dried, or fresh if you have it in your garden!)
- Chicken broth
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Creamy coconut milk (the kind from the can, full fat!)
- A touch of lemon juice
- A few handfuls of spinach
The Perfect Cooktop for Creamy Sauces
In the video for this recipe, you’ll notice my Sharp Induction Cooktop.
If you’ve never used an induction cooktop, let me tell you why you should try one:
- No more waiting! It’s almost-instant heat means no waiting for your burners to come up to temperature. This is so helpful when you’re trying to get dinner on the table. The Sharp Induction Cooktop has a “Power Boost” feature that brings a large pot of water to boil in about a minute – as soon as you press it, you can see the heat bubbles coming up in your pot.
- Even cooking for delicate sauces, with a simmer enhancer. This was especially helpful with the cream sauce for this Tuscan Chicken recipe. I was able to quickly change temperatures after sautéing the onions and garlic to a much lower and even temperature to simmer the cream sauce with no worries about scalding it.
- It’s a gorgeous addition to any kitchen. This cooktop not only makes cooking a joy, it just looks beautiful in my kitchen and adds a touch of luxury. When I am done using it, cleaning it is as easy and running a cloth over the top.
How to Serve Creamy Garlic Tuscan Chicken
Over the past few months, I have made an effort to eat lower carb meals. I plan to share on this topic later, but while doing this, I connected with a lot of you who have asked about eating this way, but avoiding cooking a separate meal for your families.
This dish is perfect for that.
For a Low Carb Meal:
- Zucchini noodles (I use this spiralizer – it’s so easy to use!)
- Cauliflower rice (just break up some cauliflower florets, and give them a few pulses in a food processor – or better yet, pick up a package pre riced)
- Roasted Broccoli (just toss some in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and broil for 5-7 minutes until charred around the edges)
For the Family, serve this with:
- A pot of steamed rice or quinoa
- Your family’s favorite pasta
- Baked potatoes or sweet potatoes
All of these suggestions are made quickly, so making 2 separate side dishes won’t take a lot of time!
If you make this dish, be sure to tag #SharpHome and #SimplyBetterLiving, in addition to #SunkissedKitchen!
Other Whole30 Recipes:
- Whole30 Chicken Caesar Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Whole30 Chicken Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Crockpot Moroccan Chicken, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Whole30 Shepherd’s Pie, by Sunkissed Kitchen
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium high heat, add olive oil to a skillet.
- Add chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken on both sides, and then cover the pan and allow to cook through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add olive oil, and reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic and onions, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes to the skillet, and season with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs.
- Once the garlic and onions are fragrant, add chicken broth, and allow to reduce until nearly all liquid is gone.
- Add almond milk and coconut milk, and bring to a low simmer. Add lemon juice, and season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to pan, and allow the chicken to simmer with the sauce for about 5 minutes, until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Serve the chicken with cream sauce spooned over the top.