Make these Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Burgers at your next backyard BBQ and have the whole family smiling! These burgers are so full of flavor, and have a fun tropical twist. Try these on your favorite gluten free bun or as a chicken burger lettuce wrap.
This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm — a company committed to bringing high quality breakfast meat options. I love that this company has healthier options, such as sugar free and nitrate free bacon, and antibiotic free and sugar free turkey and chicken sausage. I only work with brands whose products I genuinely love. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Sunkissed Kitchen running!
- 1 The Best Hawaiian Chicken Burger
- 2 Grilled Chicken Burgers
- 3 How to Serve Hawaiian Chicken Burgers
- 4 Hawaiian Chicken Burger
- 5 Other Teriyaki Recipes:
The Best Hawaiian Chicken Burger
This Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Burger recipe definitely makes it to my top 10 list!
So easy to make, and for such a simple recipe, surprisingly mind blowing! I knew I couldn’t go wrong adding grilled pineapple and Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon to a chicken burger, but it exceeded my expectations.
In fact, these are going into my weekly meal prep, because the leftover burgers as lettuce wraps are a seriously crave-worthy lunch.
The chicken burgers are your basic chicken patties, but with lots of cilantro (you can omit if you really don’t like it, but possibly try parsley to give it that bright flavor).
As they are grilling, the chicken burgers are drizzled with a soy-free teriyaki sauce. I make mine at home with coconut aminos. If you don’t have a soy or gluten restriction, you can use a store bought sauce. There are also coconut amino teriyaki sauces available at speciality stores, like Whole Foods.
To take these burgers over the top, I cut thin slices of fresh pineapple, and threw those on the grill.
But what truly ups the ante here is the Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon.
If you haven’t tried Jones Dairy Farm quality breakfast meats, you’re missing out! They make a range of sausage, bacon and ham, with NO fillers or preservatives. They only use simple and clean ingredients, and have a variety of Certified Gluten-Free and Certified Paleo products.
Check out the product locator on the Jones Dairy Farm website to find their Canadian Bacon and other delicious products at a store near you! Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon is the most popular Canadian bacon sold in the US, so chances are you’ll be able to find it easily!
Grilled Chicken Burgers
Chicken burgers are more delicate to work with than a typical beef patty. The lower fat content means they don’t “stick” together quite as well.
These 3 tips help you grill the perfect patties:
- Keep it simple! Don’t add egg to chicken patties. Salt, pepper, cilantro or another herb, and some oil (sesame oil for flavor), that’s it. If you’re using a sauce like the teriyaki sauce in this recipe, brush it on after the burgers have started cooking rather than mixing it into the meat.
- Spray your grill or grill pan lightly with olive oil.
- Get the grill (or grill pan) very hot before adding the burgers. If the grill isn’t hot enough, half of the burger ends up sticking to the grill.
How to Serve Hawaiian Chicken Burgers
If your family needs a gluten free option, these are a great choice along with my homemade soy-free teriyaki sauce.
Buy your favorite gluten free buns to sandwich up all these incredible toppings.
I prefer lettuce wraps to buns (and it isn’t just because I am watching calorie intake!). Lettuce always tastes perfect — whereas a gluten free bun doesn’t!
We love these with just a simple spread of dijon — so much flavor, more isn’t necessary!
Hawaiian Chicken Burger
- Gluten Free Buns optional
- lettuce optional
- tomatoes optional
- onions optional
- cheddar cheese optional
- dijon mustard optional
- In a bowl, add ground chicken, salt, ginger, sriracha, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Mix well, then also mix in the cilantro. Divide the chicken into 4, and form patties.
- Brush grill or grill pan with the remaining sesame oil, and heat grill to a hot heat.
- Add chicken burgers to the grill, and allow to cook about 7 minutes. Flip burgers, and brush with teriyaki sauce. Allow to cook through, about another 7 minutes.
- Also grill pineapple and Canadian bacon over high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Serve burgers with buns or lettuce wraps, with lots of toppings!
Other Teriyaki Recipes:
- Teriyaki Salmon Millet Bowls, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner, by The Endless Meal
- Easy Teriyaki Salmon, by Seasonal Cravings
This Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Burgers post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!