Fire up your grill and whip up these delicious Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers. This healthy BBQ recipe is a delicious variation on chicken skewers that can be served as a complete light summer meal. Make these ahead of time and throw them on the grill when coming home from a day of playing in the sunshine!
This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm — a company committed to bringing you high quality breakfast meat options. I only work with brands whose products I genuinely love. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Sunkissed Kitchen running!
- 1 Grill up some Delicious Chicken Skewers this Summer!
- 2 How to Make Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- 3 Tips & Variations for Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 4 Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
Grill up some Delicious Chicken Skewers this Summer!
Are you ready for a bunch of delicious and healthy grilling recipes? I have a ton being photographed this month so I can keep sharing them throughout grilling season.
We grill all summer long — starting early in the spring until the snow hits. I love how easy grilling is, and the extra flavor added to meats.
One of our favorites is this marinated Pork Chop recipe last summer — so if you’re ready to get going, check out that recipe also! If you find yourself in the mood for seafood, I recommend checking out these Shrimp Kabobs on the Grill.
These skewers are a celebration of one of my favorite food combos — Canadian Bacon and cooked pineapple. Hawaiian Pizza was always my favorite.
I also ADORE these Hawaiian Chicken Burgers, and this is similar to that except on skewer form.
For these delicious Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers, you’ll need:
- Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Canadian Bacon
- Pineapple (canned in juice or fresh)
- Colorful Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Chicken – boneless thighs or breasts work for this!
- Coconut Aminos (can sub tamari to keep it gluten free)
- Sea Salt
Jones Dairy Farm’s delicious sausage and bacon products are great for adding flavor and protein to meals! I always have their certified gluten free meats in my freezer ready to go.
If you love Canadian Bacon, you might also want to try:
- Lightened up Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Keto Broccoli Casserole with Ham
Hop on over to the Jones Dairy Farm website to find out where you can purchase their products near you!
How to Make Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
Step 1: Add chicken chunks to a bowl or storage container, and cover with coconut aminos, sea salt and ginger powder. Stir to combine, and then cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour up to overnight.
Step 2: Add the vegetables to a bowl, and drizzle with avocado oil. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Thread skewers with marinated chicken, Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Canadian Bacon, pineapple, onions, and bell peppers.
Step 4: Heat a grill to about 400º F, and grill the skewers for about 6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
Tips & Variations for Grilled Chicken Skewers
No Coconut Aminos? I use coconut aminos because I am allergic to soy, and it’s a healthier alternative to soy products. It’s also gluten free. If you need to keep these gluten free, you can sub 1/4 cup tamari plus 1/4 cup of water. You can also use 1/4 of organic soy sauce plus 1/4 cup of water.
Make these Low Carb/Keto: These are already low in carb, but you can further reduce the carbs for a keto diet by omitting the pineapple.
Add Other Veggies into the Mix: Olives, artichoke hearts, zucchini, and eggplant are all great options.
TIPS for the best teriyaki grilled chicken skewers:
Separate the chicken from the other ingredients: It’s an artform to ensure the chicken is fully cooked and the veggies aren’t too charred. If you’re worried about your chicken being undercooked, skewer the chicken and the ham/pineapple/veggies separately.
Cook these Indoors: Look good, but no BBQ? You can use an indoor grill pan. Generously oil the pan, heat it over medium high heat, and grill the skewers on your stovetop.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos *see notes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 bell peppers cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 6 ounce Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Canadian Bacon cut in quarters
- 1 can pineapple or 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple cut in chunks
- In a bowl or storage container, add cubes of chicken, and cover with coconut aminos, sea salt and ginger. Stir to combine, and then refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about an hour to reduce charring.
- Heat grill to about 400º F.
- Add peppers and onions into a bowl, and then drizzle with avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- On skewers, alternate threading marinated chicken, Canadian Bacon, pineapple, onions, and bell peppers.
- Grill skewers about 6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.