A vibrant spring arugula salad, loaded with berries, avocado, and golden beets. This healthy salad is drizzled with a creamy SunButter dressing that adds a luxurious creamy and nutty quality.
This post is sponsored by SunButter— makers of my favorite Sunflower Seed Butter. As a peanut allergy sufferer, I value companies like SunButter who create healthy products that are not only delicious, but SAFE! Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Sunkissed Kitchen running at full speed.
Why this Recipe Works
Happy spring! We’ve been enjoying warmer than usual weather this spring, and that means the revival of fresh, vibrant meals. In my house, that usually means loading up big bowls of greens with ALL THE THINGS.
You’ll love this arugula salad because:
- Arugula is one of the healthiest greens, but is also plain delicious. It makes a great salad green because it adds a peppery flavor and a unique texture.
- TONS of berries punctuate the greens and veggies, adding pops of sweetness, not to mention fiber and vitamin C.
- Beets, avocado, orange bell peppers, and purple onions add more veggie goodness, a variety of textures, and that rainbow we love to see in spring and summer meals.
- A creamy SunButter and coconut milk dressing adds healthy fats and protein, and melds all the flavors together.
- It’s a great light meal on it’s own, or serve it as a side to grilled meats or a plant based creamy soup.
A Nutty, Oh-So-Creamy Dressing
I am a huge fan of using nut butters in salad dressings. Not only do they add healthy fats and a pop of protein, they also add a great creamy texture without needing mayo.
This dressing uses a cool combo of SunButter No Sugar Added Sunflower Seed Butter and coconut milk. The two together make a magical combo with a splash of vinegar and avocado oil.
A SunButter dressing is the perfect compliment to a salad with lots of berries! Berries and seeds are a natural combo.
It’s great for nut allergy sufferers, like me!
Variations for this Fresh Spring Salad
This salad is a great starting point! Other options for loading your salad up are:
- Sliced strawberries
- Rainbow carrots, sliced or shredded
- Goats cheese
- Pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, for extra crunch!
Whatever you choose to add to your salad, try to keep a rainbow of ingredients to add a variety of nutrients and flavors!
Other Loaded Salad Recipes:
- Whole30 Chicken Blackberry Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Summer Greek Quinoa Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Mexican Caesar Salad, by Sunkissed Kitchen
Spring Arugula Salad
- 8 cups arugula
- 2 golden beets cooked, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 cup cucumber sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup red onion sliced thinly
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a jar or a blender (a blender results in a creamier dressing), and shake or process until a light textured, creamy dressing is formed. Set aside for serving.
- Layer the arugula with the berries, avocado, peppers, beets, and onions. Serve with the SunButter dressing, or drizzle and toss the salad before serving.