A healthy smoothie with the season’s most popular flavors – a Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie. Shake up your green smoothie routine with this pumpkin smoothie, with an extra jolt from cold brew coffee. A delicious breakfast or afternoon treat!
A Perfect Pumpkin Smoothie
If you’ve never tried a pumpkin smoothie before, here’s one to start you off on the best possible note!
I adore green smoothies, but come September, and I want pumpkin in all its forms. Instead of stopping by the coffee shop, I prefer to make mine at home.
This healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie has all the great seasonal flavor, without the sugar crash. Instead of adding empty calories to your day, add a bunch of nutrients!
Ingredients in A Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie:
- Canned pumpkin
- Cold brew coffee, frozen into ice cubes
- Coconut Milk (full fat from a can)
- Yogurt (sub coconut yogurt for a dairy free/vegan version!)
- Bananas (quartered and frozen)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (or cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg)
How to Make Cold Brew Ice Cubes
When I have leftover cold brew, I throw it into an ice cube tray and keep the coffee cubes to throw into smoothies.
Cold brew is easy to make at home! Save your money and brew it at home.
The key to making cold brew is to coarsely grind your beans. Start with whole, fresh beans, and in a coffee grinder or a blender, coarsely grind them so that you still see partial beans. This keeps the coffee from brewing too quickly and becoming bitter, and also helps cut down on the silt after it’s strained.
Once it’s ready, enjoy on ice or with your favorite milks as a latte. Read more about making cold brew here.
When you have some left over, add it to an ice cube tray and save it for this smoothie or my Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie Bowl.
Don’t have time to make cold brew? It’s okay! Substitute 2 teaspoons of instant coffee plus 6 ice cubes for the amount in this recipe.
How to Enjoy these Healthy Pumpkin Smoothies
Up the fun factor of these smoothies by adding a dollop of whipped cream or coconut whipped cream!
I also sprinkle some cinnamon, and toss on some pumpkin seeds or pecans for a little crunch (these are thick enough you’ll want to eat them with a spoon!).
You can also enjoy these as a smoothie bowl — jump on over to my Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie Bowl post for topping ideas!
If you really need your greens in the morning, feel free to add a handful of spinach, or try my Green Pumpkin Pie Smoothie! You can even sub cold brew cubes for the ice in that recipe and have the best of both worlds!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned, full fat)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk or more, to thin to desired consistency
- 2 bananas quartered and frozen
- 6 cold brew coffee cubes* or sub ice cubes + 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, pinch of nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add in additional almond milk if a thinner consistency is desired. As written, this makes a very thick, ice-cream like smoothie.
Other Healthy Pumpkin Recipes:
- Mini Pumpkin Mousse Pies, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal, by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Crockpot Moroccan Pumpkin Chicken, by Sunkissed Kitchen
This Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of fresh and inspired recipes!